gosh darnit, I knew this would happen eventually.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeKoko

Reaction score
I locked my keys in the car. Dumb blonde moment for sure.

But really, I was cleaning the car and my kid got the key and locked it, then I took the key from him and dumped it on the front seat and kept cleaning. Few minutes later I close that door to move on to the other side of the car and IT'S LOCKED.

This is my baby, I really don't want to break her window, no... I will not do it. How else do I get in there? LR3

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe you have the wrong stereotype.

I think a blonde mom would have put it safely in her purse... sounds more like a blonde guy thing ;)

Obviously you don't have the original 2nd key?

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me once.

I blame the wife. Anyway, what I did was:

Got a coat hanger, and stretched it super long. Put a little hook on the end. Jammed it down between the drivers door and roof. Hooked it on the unlock tab above the door handle and pulled. Worked like a charm.

Codename Duchess

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was shocked it worked.

I'm very prone to locking myself out of a car. As a teenager I'd just hang a loop of coat hanger off the back bumper for just in case.

I once unlocked my '03 Alero with a twig I found nearby. By far the easiest car to open I've owned.

The Rover threw me for a loop because every other time I've ever unlocked a car it's been down the door and catching on the lock.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM