Got rear ended..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jus think if you would have had the receiver and hitch on it when they hit you.

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
Damn sturdy vehicles. I just showed my wife why I'm so excited about mine.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to put it in off-road height to get over that bump, or did it drive right off?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics and glad to hear everyone is okay and your damage is minimal.

That is amazing. I'd also recommend someone take a careful look under the back end (exhaust, spare tire assembly, tow bar) to make sure you don't find out about damage a year from now when it is more difficult to get it covered. Still, nice that you can drive away and deal with it on your timetable and not be without a car.

MST

Reaction score
Had the exact same wreck last week. I couldn't believe the damage to the other car when I saw it. It just felt like a hard bump. Unfortunately there is a dent in the tailgate. Getting an estimate tomorrow...

Wreck 1.5.jpg

Wreck 2.5.jpg

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to write a strongly worded letter to Land Rover. Those rear bumper reflectors do not seem to be made of the same wonder material as the rest of the truck. They always seem to take the most damage! ;)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to write a strongly worded letter to Land Rover. Those rear bumper reflectors do not seem to be made of the same wonder material as the rest of the truck. They always seem to take the most damage! ;)

Whaddya mean? Those are purpose-built sacrificial reflectors. They are designed to absorb 98% of any rear-end collision force. They work like a champ! :rock::biggrin:

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the exact same wreck last week. I couldn't believe the damage to the other car when I saw it. It just felt like a hard bump. Unfortunately there is a dent in the tailgate. Getting an estimate tomorrow...

View attachment 5929

View attachment 5930

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." - J. Spicoli

sgh71

Reaction score

View attachment 5929

View attachment 5930
Yep that looks exactly the same. Glad everyone was ok. Now of courseim dealing with GEICO try get me to use their 3rd rate shop for repairs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM