Got the rover back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
And it looks great.

BAd thing is....it was really nice to hop in the driver seat of the damn thing and drive it around town this morning.

So my question is this...if I fold the rear seats down and was able to put a shelf in there that would stop at the back of the front seats and the rear door how much room would there be? Enough to sleep a 6'3" ish person angled in?

Thanks

Justin

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
preparation%20027%20(Medium).jpg

Something like that.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. There has been few very good designs around old dweb about it. Flip-out thingy that lays down two tall people.

Other simple solution i seen was to just drag in queen size sleeping single/dual layer matress and inflate it (after pushing seats down and forward).

On this picture - how .. just HOW THE HECK the could fit ARB in there like this. Mine would either require handle removal or i dont know... :( It wont work with rear seats..

Last edited:

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
So its possible then.

This is a big reason to sell the rover is the ease of sleeping in.

<edit> and to get roof rack and a 9'8" surf board on at the same time, which I figured out last night.

Justin

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you fold rear seats down, and push front ones a bit forward and all gear is removed up to the roof rack - you can sleep with queen size inflatable matress in there with no issues. I can attest to that. I am not 6'3" but close enough to be sure. I like matress better b/c its more comfortable than flip-out design and eventually its cheaper (you can get matress on sales for like 10$, and 12V inflator for like 4$). And air hides all the surface issues :)

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw on surf boards - i seen Disco round here with kayak on top. Dude been using yakima or thule (hard to tell - they all alike) crossbars and rain gutter mounts to carry it.

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Yea, I have those already. But with whatever rig I go with I want to be able to have a full basket up top and carry the board. The main reason for the basket is so I can photograph Ansel Adams style

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest to get wilderness rack then.. They have adapters for yakima stuff i think, so it can be possible (but you may want to verify that one) to use your existing carrying thingies with those adapters.

If you still planning to sell - check out Nissan XTerra. 4WD XE or SE. Dont go SC, b/c its pointless and first two can run on regular, while SC only on premium. Pretty reliable horsy. There is gear basket in factory style (right above front row and you can use even existing stock rack to hang on kayaks and boards. Or use yakima/thule solution. Not very big basket though..

(whoever ansel adams is - i am not in surfing :))

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM