Got the rover back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
Yea and sergei, those racks? they cant hold a lot of weight can they? i'd recommend moving to a bigger, stronger basket. the problem is that a lot of mid weight suvs like the xterra and 4runner, pathfinder etc, most of the weight limits are the same with or without a stock rack. I find that quite obsurd but oh well.

Justin that is a slick system. Wow. That is your set up? Did you make it or purchase? If you made it, think you could pm me the materials. That thing looks really quality made. Impressive.

I just measured the back of my 4runner. Its older so its smaller than the new ones. It was 5 feet 11 inches to the back of the front seats. There has got to be a way for you to fit in your disco or in another suv. Gl finding something that works for you. Glad you got your truck back as well. Enjoy.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
ohhh ok yea i was wondering why it looked so close to his design. haha. everything from the water jugs to the fold up shelf. Never saw that on his site before. Gotcha, thanks Justin.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle - what you talking about? Stock X roof rack setup (two rails on sides and two x-bars can hold plywood plate with two adults standing on it. Gear basket is something lik 48lb rated, but i hauled heavier stuff in mine when i helped friend to move.

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW - of this setup. Where the heck i can get those baskets:

DSCN0339%20(Medium).JPG

any ideas? I like this setup more than stupid plastic pockets which interfere with gear and legs.. :)

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
Sergei follow these instructions carefully.

Sit in your rear seats, then once comfortably seated, look directly up and to either side. Note baskets. Now call Rover Parts Place and order :biggrin:

Justin

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well.. yeah that did strike me mind, but uhmm.. Roversnorth is kind of arm-leg-and-first-born-child place in that regard... :) But i guess i'll try..

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite thing on that truck is the plexiglass table that folds out of the rear door. I think that is SOOOO cool.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM