Gotta get em seperated! front rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audioclay

Reaction score
I just did the same upgrade and on my '03 with the same problem. Had to pull it back apart. One side of the caliper was sticking. I don't know if the D1 has the same calipers as the D2? But I stripped it down and cleaned it and actually took a c-clamp to open both pistons of and cleaned it again and then used the break grease on everything and reassembled. I think EBC says 500mile break in. Are the brakes pulling?

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually found the parts from my local stealership for only 7 dollars. No metal plates for the front. :)

I will be taking everything apart once again this weekend and going for broke. Got some grease and more brake cleaner. I will do the c-clamp trick and spray them out that way. I did the c-clamp trick to get the new pads in

500 seems excessive!

Audio...Pulling to one side during breaking? Hard breaking it pulls abit to the left but not too bad. They seem to squeal more when turning right.

audioclay

Reaction score
The EBC do handle different I must admit. Once I cleaned the pistons well the pulling stopped. Mine pulled to the left too. 500miles does seem excessive but there was a "break in" layer on the pad... that must be why. Did you have an alignment recently? that could be the reason for the pulling and its just exaggerated during breaking...

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No alignment lately just aggravation.

All is done now. Took pads out cleaned everything top to bottom and greased em up. Installed new pins and springs. If nothing changes I suppose it will be new calipers at this point and rebleed the system. Keeping my fingers crossed.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a few days here comes the squeal again. :mad::mad::mad:

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER IDEAS?

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
lol well mine dont squeak but make a ticking sound when driving?

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be happy with ticking. :biggrin:

I'm just gunna live with this stupid squeal for now. When I get really tired of it I will try something else. I herd of another kind of pads that others were happy with but cant think of them right now.

Happy with the rotors though

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM