Gotta get em seperated! front rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds more like brake dust... try spraying it down with some brake cleaner

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That could be it... It doesnt happen untill after driving about 20 minutes. Do you think they could be glazing or something?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would hope not, with what you put in there, but anything is possible. I would start by just trying to clean them.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated

Ok so cleaned the brakes and still getting squeal.

Could it be that the pins and springs are soo worn out that they are not pushing the pads from the rotors enuff? This is killing me

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible that the springs are worn out... by chance did you add any brake grease to the moving parts when you did the brake job?

I know my parts were getting pretty rusty, so I even took a wire brush to them to clean them up... thinking back I should have painted them. Then I greased all the moving parts.. I.E. the pins, the springs and the little metal plates.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt grease anything. That was going to be my last ditch effort before I take it to someone. Perhaps I'll just buy new pins and springs and try that too.

I did clean everything real good while I was in there though. No rust found just alot of grime at the time. ha

You say little metal plates? I didnt see any thing like that unless you are talking about the backs of the pads.
Thanks Joey for your input

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Metal plates should have been underneath the pins/springs.. it is what holds the brake pads in place. They are not real big, but should have been there, unless someone prior to you thought they were not needed.

N8tabasco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would have noticed something like that for sure. Not there.

Where would be the cheapest place to get these? Atlantic B etc.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
My mistake, only the rears have the little metal things.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM