Gracenotes Download error and Nav issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbaileyga1

Reaction score
Turned my LR4 this morning to be welcomed by a Gracenotes download error. Then I go to click my navigation and it initializes for 15 minutes. I never waited to see if it finially finished but I am trying to locate what these could be symptoms of and how to fix them any guidance issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model year LR4, and is the issue reoccurring every time you start the car? If you can't duplicate the problem, don't worry about it as it may be a one-off reboot error of the infotainment system. At one point or another most of us have all experienced it: buttons won't work, no voice prompts, touchscreen freezes, etc.

How old is your battery?

bbaileyga1

Reaction score
LR4Error.jpg
So the problem disappeared shortly after this post but returned at the beginning of the year. Same error message as before ( I included a picture this time) Hitting cancel the radio appears to work fine but navigation never loads. It has been suggested on other forums that I may need an update in order to resolve this issue. I am concerned that there may be a problem with the physical HD that supports this.

It is a 2012 LR4 HSE

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had that message appear a few times over the last 4 years. So far it hasn't presented a problem, so I have just ignored it when I have seen it.

CambridgeJC

Reaction score
I have exactly the same error with my 2014 Freelander. LR service did not know what could cause this and said I must buy the update before they could investigate. I could install it myself if follow instructions carefully. I did buy it for £150, tried to install and it simply states "Navigation software initialising please wait"
I waited for four hours...with engine running as instructed. Unable to use system but OK to drive car and stop/start etc.
I drove 40 miles to LR distributor where I bought the car. LR technician said it should work if I followed his instructions. It did not and they could not think what was wrong. (£160/hr plus tax to investigate...visions of costs mounting up here!
They have agreed to ask software help line to offer assistance...these will not talk directly to an enduser customer directly!!!
I drove 40 miles back home.
I am awaiting their advice.
Balance of advantage:
LR Plus £150...customer -£150..and still have the same problem.
Since loads of people have described this I must assume LR are aware, despite my distributor unaware of it and unable to cure the problem...

thomasfrost17

Reaction score
View attachment 9081
So the problem disappeared shortly after this post but returned at the beginning of the year. Same error message as before ( I included a picture this time) Hitting cancel the radio appears to work fine but navigation never loads. It has been suggested on other forums that I may need an update in order to resolve this issue. I am concerned that there may be a problem with the physical HD that supports this.

It is a 2012 LR4 HSE
Hi! My Freelander 2 has started doing this, I first fixed it last year by uninstalling a stored CD left by previous owner. Now it has happened again and I can’t fix it. There is no other cd or anything that I can think of. Did you manage to solve it ? If so, how? I’m really stuck,

Thanks

thomasfrost17

Reaction score
I have exactly the same error with my 2014 Freelander. LR service did not know what could cause this and said I must buy the update before they could investigate. I could install it myself if follow instructions carefully. I did buy it for £150, tried to install and it simply states "Navigation software initialising please wait"
I waited for four hours...with engine running as instructed. Unable to use system but OK to drive car and stop/start etc.
I drove 40 miles to LR distributor where I bought the car. LR technician said it should work if I followed his instructions. It did not and they could not think what was wrong. (£160/hr plus tax to investigate...visions of costs mounting up here!
They have agreed to ask software help line to offer assistance...these will not talk directly to an enduser customer directly!!!
I drove 40 miles back home.
I am awaiting their advice.
Balance of advantage:
LR Plus £150...customer -£150..and still have the same problem.
Since loads of people have described this I must assume LR are aware, despite my distributor unaware of it and unable to cure the problem...
Hi! My Freelander 2 has started doing this, I first fixed it last year by uninstalling a stored CD left by previous owner. Now it has happened again and I can’t fix it. There is no other cd or anything that I can think of. Did you manage to solve it ? If so, how? I’m really stuck,

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM