GY Duratrac vs Kelly Safari TSR vs Discoverer STT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, i am thinking of switching out my cooper zeons (285/60/18) to a bit more aggressive 275/65/18 tire so i can have a bit more traction in the mud. i know a few of you on here have been running the GoodYear Duratrac, Kelly Safari TSR, and Cooper Discoverer STT tires. what are your opinions? rubbing issues? wear issues?

i do run the rod mod full time but would like to occassionally lower the truck to access mode when pulling into a parking garage and am just wondering if i could do this a few times a year without too much of an issue.

btw...if i get a new set of tires, i'll have a set of five 18" cooper zeons with 5k miles on them for sale if anyone is interested. i also have an extra 18" 10 spoke LR3 wheel to sell at some point.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Living here in Colorado, I see a lot of Dura Trac tires on the around. People really like how they perform as a year around tire much less how they handle the snow and ice. I did speak to a few people from this years Rover Ralley and they performed well on Moab's slick rock.
That is my choice.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy with the Kelly so far. Dura-trac is same ply and load rating I believe. Cooper is a true M/T. Can't go wrong really.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the Goodyear MT/Rs. I know they aren't on the list. To be honest they aren't well enough behaved on the pavement that I'd consider them, but I wonder if they're any worse behaved than the SSTs?

They are dynamite off-road, I should mention...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635