Has anyone done any exhaust modifications to their SCV6 LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fields Carlisle

Reaction score
Just FYI re: the Magnaflow on a V8: Do NOT do it! That's money I threw down the toilet.

The Good:
-It sounds fantastic under acceleration
-It burbles and pops in Sport shift mode on downshifts!

The Bad:
-Drone. Crazy drone at cruising speeds. Drove me insane.

The Ugly:
-Poor design. It physically hung lower than stock and was a huge target for striking objects off-road.

The design part was the worst because it could have been done better. The muffler space is quite plentiful, but they just routed it too low and left empty space above it. The flat face of the muffler literally hung down a couple inches lower than the frame rails or anything else under the truck. Zero excuse for this.

I yanked it back out and put the stock back on after a few months.
I definitely want to keep the exact same routing of the exhaust so it is not another thing to get ripped off when going to crazy steep inclines that cause the rear bumper to touch the ground. I saw that their exhaust had those exposed tips which to me just completely defeated the purplep of the vehicle having been designed with the original outlet tucked away from dragging on something.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM