has anyone tried a headlight swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if the newer style headlights would fit into the older D2's? Or if not, are there any upgrade kits out there? They appear to be about the same size overall. Thanks

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't remember where I saw it - but there was a picture someplace showing the late style headlights mounted in an earlier D2 and supposedly a fit w/o modification.

D

discomike

Chris,
Are you looking for a different look or just more head light power?
Mike J.

G

gaberover

are you guys talking about the lights from the 03-04 discovery's?
i'd be interested in knowing if and how that can be done also

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike,
I am actually kinda interested in both, a better looking headlight and more light power. I did a headlight upgrade on my Audi and loved it. Have you heard of anyone swapping the 03-04 lights into the older D2's? What other forums might i ask in? Thanks

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Gabe, thats what I was refering to, ever see anything about it?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would probably be kind of difficult, since the light housing is quite a different shape. The 03-04 light housing has a half-circle that would get in the way.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I found some rough info on the swap. Yes, it is possible, but you have to replace the front bumper for the lights to fit properly, and the lights run anywhere from $500-800 and with the bumper it is more than $2000 and this my friends is not what you would call cost effective...so for now i will just have to live with these dull looking lights. here is a link to somone who actually did the conversion if anyone is interested, hope it works...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/639077

Roverhound

Reaction score
IPF makes a kit that will allow you to run 95w/145w low/high beams.
It consists of relays and wiring harness. That would be a good option for more light.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635