HDC Fault, Transmission Fault, Special Programs Not Available - My Exprience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stmcknig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the problem only happen at night/dark when you have lights on?

Turn on your lights and this may reintroduce the fault. If there are broken filaments shorting the side light circuit with the brake circuit inside the bulb then when the side lights on it sends power to the brake circuit and the auto box thinks your trying to slow and will not shift up automatically. Poor quality brake light bulbs have also cause issues with the onboard electronics.....crazy but true.

metalslug

Reaction score
Does the problem only happen at night/dark when you have lights on?

Turn on your lights and this may reintroduce the fault. If there are broken filaments shorting the side light circuit with the brake circuit inside the bulb then when the side lights on it sends power to the brake circuit and the auto box thinks your trying to slow and will not shift up automatically. Poor quality brake light bulbs have also cause issues with the onboard electronics.....crazy but true.

It happened in the day time and night time all the time.

metalslug

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

Installed the brake light switch this past Saturday and since then no error messages. I'll give it another week or so to confirm that it officially fixed the issue.

Thank you all for the suggestions!!

corneliani

Reaction score
Any updates on this issue? I'm having a similar issue on an 06 we just picked up, and I'm planning to start with this brake light switch. Mind you, my car decides to randomly go into limp mode as well... I'm betting these issues are somewhat related, but I've yet to isolate that. This brake light switch seems to be a quick/easy fix though.

BTW, where did you find yours at? I'm considering Atlantic-British or even local dealer with shop discount. Still $50 though.

corneliani

Reaction score
wow ... so sorry about all the duplicate posts. My IE browser was giving me a posting error the entire time, and my profile showed zero posts the entire time. Wow. My bad.

daven5735

Reaction score
Don't spend $50. Rockauto sells the exact same as LR:
AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S10919 {#SW8240} $16.01

corneliani

Reaction score
thanks for the heads-up on this. Seems they have decent prices on the steering parts I'll be needing soon as well.
gracias senor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9