Headlight bulb replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proslambanomenos

Reaction score
My LR3 headlight bulbs need to be replaced. (Standard halogen kit, not the factory HID assembly.) I've thought about doing LED replacements but haven't decided if I want to try them. (I tried an aftermarket HID kit which i didn't like at all.) Do any of you have bulb recommendations? Standard low beam bulb, H7 is the size.

Gael

Reaction score
I replace mine 2 weeks ago, I took some mid-level halogen lights, not the most expensive ones but not the cheapest either. H7/55W.

I got the Silvania Silverstar High Performance. About $30 for 2 bulbs.

I removed the headlights units from the car to replace the bulbs, as recommended by the manual.

Actually, it might be possible to change the bulbs with the headlights in place, but removing it is not hard or long, just take a couple of minutes...

Edit: I immediately felt the light was brighter and "whiter" after changing the bulbs.

Last edited:

cafet100

Reaction score
I have found sylvania bulbs just do not last. In 4 years in my wife LR3 we have got through 4 or 5. My Disco has Philips and 6 years ago I replaced the headlights with new units plus bulbs and no failures.

Excrewchief

Reaction score
Are you guys using your fingers to change lights ?
Use towel with alcohol the oil in your skin will cause them to burn out early every time and I see it a lot

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM