Heated windshields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point on th amps. I meant voltage not current. When LRs started popping fuses LR updated to 30A ones. My partially melted fusebox is not happy about that.

Red Top Engine

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I hope to get to it this weekend. Will run a test via multimeter and keep you posted.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is no voltage to the windshield (A pillars) the next thing that I would check for is voltage to the fuses: pull the fuse, one side should be at ~12VDC (batter voltage). As I recall the switch is after the fuse, so fuses should be "always hot" but confirming would take someone who already knows, or time to stare at schematics when I have a few minutes.
Just checked the wiring diagram, and the relay (R9 in relay box next to battery) is before the 30A fuses. So with the heated windshield on, I would check for voltage at the fuses, and if nothing there, suspect the relay.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Is it a factory window or has it been replaced? it might just be a bad connection on the passengers side. On the interior pillar about 2/3 of the way up, pop off that piece of plastic, it's been a while but I believe that the connector is there. If not, then loosen that torqx and remove the trim piece.

Arman

Reaction score
Is it a factory window or has it been replaced? it might just be a bad connection on the passengers side. On the interior pillar about 2/3 of the way up, pop off that piece of plastic, it's been a while but I believe that the connector is there. If not, then loosen that torqx and remove the trim piece.
You have to remove plastic "airbag" labeled bit, remove torx sxrew, remove trim and connectors are there, on both sides.
My windshield heater cables were NOT connected when the windshield was replaced. I had to connect it myself. I don't know why these windshield guys are forgetting about those connectors :/
P.S. love the heated windshield with all that freezing rain/icy snow this season, snow melts like butter

Attachments

• 20220225_170905.jpg
    20220225_170905.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 20201211_003149.jpg
    20201211_003149.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 45

Red Top Engine

Reaction score
So it turns out the issue was the the passenger side connections, just as some of you have pointed out. They were plugged in but not maintaining contact. After unplugging and plugging back in and checking for continuity, it works! Also, the windshield warms up enough to be able to feel it on your palm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM