Height Sensor Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who sells the height sensors OTHER than the dealer?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indy shops, like WestCoastRovers.com can get them cheaper than the dealers will sell them to you. Might try Rover'sNorth also.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check different dealers I have found up to a $60 difference betwwen dealers on these parts when I make them.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wish the rears could be had without the sensor itself, like the fronts. I ordered a bunch of extra rods for the fronts because they are so dang cheap....it's insurance in case I get too rough and break one. ...but for the rears I will just have to be extra careful since that's about a $70 boo-boo.

The parts guy at the dealer was curious why the hell I wanted 4 of these obscure parts...??? I had to come up with something. Not a lie but more like an ambiguity. ...told him that they seemed like a good part to have around in case I break one.

Technically...that's TRUE!

:)

Maybe when my extended warranty is up I will go confess all to him; he's a nice guy.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my hands on a set today. I just said F*#k it and went to the dealer. Got them for $125.00 and have dropped them off in capable hands for modification and duplication. Thanks for the link PicnSav, I plan to have something similar built with adjustable rod and locknut. Houm it's funny you said that about the parts guy asking you "why do
you need these?" My parts guy asked me as well but I don't have the same relationship
that you have with your's. I just asked him why he was asking and he replied "no reason".
BTW do you guys swap out the adjoining arm & plug, or just the plastic rod?

Last edited:

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I understand 10-12mm is the standard. Also is there any problems with
going into super-extended mode with this mod??

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been in super ext. mode with the modified arms 4-5xs and have not had a problem.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks drz, look forward to getting a little more clearance on demand.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72