Hello from Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

ChrisV

Hello all,
Name: Chris Vestal
Ride: 2003 D2, mild additions, no major mods....yet.
Quick intro: I have owned 4 Jeeps and became hooked on offroading after a Bicycle race in Moab. I purchased my first Disco after a test drive and lots of research. Shortly after the purchase of my 2000 Disco, I traded it in for an '03.( without research) I recently found out I likely do not have a CDL... not good. That is what i get for an impluse buy. I still love it.

How I found this site: I have given up on discow, then E.E. forum is down as soon as I found it. I found this site after a google search. I am very happy so far.

thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Chris! Hopefully you will enjoy it. Moab, and then Indiana? Do you still go to Moab? Maybe you could trade in your 03 for an 04 and reap the benefits of a CDL!!!! Just an idea.

Roverhound

Reaction score
D Web is a good site, just never up any more. Disco2.com is another decent site (traffics kinda slow) that is specific for the d2. Mostly British members there. It's got some good technical articles if you like that stuff.
Pirate4x4 has some good information but they don't like noobs and if you ask a question 9 times out of 10 they will flame you and tell you to do a search, even on the forums set up for new people.
I have the cdl hooked up on my 2000 d2. It makes a big difference. I don't hit the traction control a quarter of the time I used too when it's engaged.
I've also impressed some of my jeep friends with the abilities of the truck.
Hope you enjoy your d2.

D

discomike

Chris,
Welcome to the club.
Sorry to hear about your problem, but I may have an answer for you. Get in touch with Bill, at Great Basin Rovers, he is about to release a conversion kit to convert a non CDL case to CDL.
It may be worth a phone call, good luck,
Mike J.

C

ChrisV

Moab, and then Indiana? Do you still go to Moab? Maybe you could trade in your 03 for an 04
Sam, I plan on going back to MOAB this fall. Yes I have considered trading in.

Roverhound, I have been all over Disco2 like that site too. I will check out Pirate4x4

Get in touch with Bill, at Great Basin Rovers, he is about to release a conversion kit to convert a non CDL case to CDL
Mike, I will check that out. I remember his great how to on CDL linkage on the old Discoweb.org

D

discomike

Chris,
I have a friend that is also waiting for this new kit that includes gears and everything, should be neet.
Mike J.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chris,
I traded my 2000 in for a 2004 and love the change. Even though my 2000 had a CDL, I did not have it working/hooked up. My 2004's CDL is very easy to use and fun too!

Just my 2 cents on the trade-in topic...

C

ChrisV

Yes, It will be a 04. I need to wait until some come off leases and all the Soccer Moms jump on the '05. There should be some good deals then.

I had a 04 on a dealer loan. I like!!

Tmiller1, I checked out your profile, I am jealous.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ChrisV said:
Tmiller1, I checked out your profile, I am jealous.
Don't be jealous - I always say that people spend their money on their passions. My passions happens to be vehicles, so I keep buying as I have the money available. Maybe this is more of an addiction than a passion? :confused: :biggrin:

DISCLAIMER: My graduate degree is a finance emphasis, so I tend to avoid debt like the disease it is. Unfortunately, my vehicle passion does not allow me to avoid this type of debt. Luckily my only debts include my mortgage and 2 vehicles (but one is almost paid off).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112