Help!! Suspension fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyberry

Reaction score
I bought 2006 LR3 last year in Florida on vacation and drove it home to New York. Half way back I notice the car getting lower and lower. When I got home I did my research and bought and install a new compressor. I never had another problem again until I went to get an inspection done. The guy at the shop told my dad the front tire rods needed to be changed or it won't pass. So I said ok change it and now I have suspension fault, keep speed under 30mph. The compressor works great but I did notice a hissing sound coming from the front right side, I don't know if that's could be the problem. Help!

Skyberry

Reaction score
This morning it was really low. I'll start the car and the compressor kicks on for a couple of seconds. The suspension fault code pops up when I'm drive on the highway about 40-50mph. The ride gets extremely bumpy but the car never gets lower than the standard height.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a red suspension fault icon or amber?

It sounds like a cross-articulation fault except those generally send the suspension to the bump stops and not standard height. Does the EAS raise and lower normally when you are not at highway speeds? I'd check all the wiring in the front wheel wells...maybe the mechanic severed a connection when they were changing your tie rods.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if it lowers I' guessing it must be an air leak, the air valve is actually in the front right side, so it may be worth checking it

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're getting an amber suspension warning icon and the car won't allow you to adjust the adjust the ride height, but the car still rides at normal height, then it could be something simple as an alignment issue.

If you KNOW that you're leaking air, then that's something different and you need to start tracking that down. However, if you suspect your EAS is actually okay, but are getting the warning message, then I would suspect a knackered alignment after replacement of the tie rods.

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My second compressor is going out at 125,000 miles, luckily the first was at 48k still under warranty, but they're telling me $1800 at the dealer to replace! Does this sound right?

EGRIZZLE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the EAS Compressor is priced at $700 on British Atlantic. Tough to install?

ztennyson

Reaction score
Coil conversion

Quit fixing the air suspension. A premium coil conversion kit with Old Man Emu springs from Atlantic British is $1150. It's not hard to install, rides great, and eliminates the worry in the future

s3hooligan

Reaction score
It looks like the EAS Compressor is priced at $700 on British Atlantic. Tough to install?

Not difficult to R&R to do yourself. Most difficult issue I had was getting it out of the plastic housing that protects from the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM