Help Towing a 23' Airstream Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the high end cars and the LED trailer wiring.. Trailers have been going to LED lights for more than 10 years, yet LR, Merc, BMW, VW and others have trouble pulling them...

I have three trailers that I pull regularly, my 96 popup (conventional bulbs), my 2001 Harbor Freight folding 4x8 trailer (conventional bulbs) and a 2005 5x8 box trailer from Menards (LED bulbs). I never have trouble with the two conventional bulb trailers, but the one with LED lamps gives me trouble every time... When I first hook it up after not using it for a few months, it takes anywhere from 15-45 minutes for the lamps to start working at all, then the taillights flash continuously till the Rover "falls asleep"...

We looked at a new camper this weekend that we may be buying this week. The dealer won't let us buy it without a weight distributing hitch.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635