Hiddden Winch Install -- Estimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to add 165lbs plus another +/-70 for an ARB bull bar and warn winch.

But the ARB Summit bumper looks so damn ****! lol
maxresdefault.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done extensive research to find an option to mount a winch on my '15 LR4 with little palatable results and thought I'd share my findings here. Perhaps someone has found a workable solution and would like to share? I don't want to add 165lbs plus another +/-70 for an ARB bull bar and warn winch.

Devon 4x4 sells a hidden winch kit but have been advised it does not fit non-diesel models for 15/16 model years. Land Rover sells a winch tray (part number VPLAP0130), originally manufactured by Warn for a ridiculous $4,000!!!. And of course some folks here have suggested the DA7537 made/sold by the LR Centre. Ebay has got nothing.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I'm guessing the '14 to '16 models have intercoolers for the supercharged V6 engines in the space where the hidden winch would otherwise go on V8 models. If so, you'll either have to figure out how to move those somewhere else (probably impossible) or get something that mounts the winch more externally.

The AMG version of the Mercedes G500 (the G55) has a similar problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72