Homelink Mirror question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethmckinney

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 06 LR3 SE (V8) and it wasnt till after getting it home the first day that I discovered there's no way to program my garage door opener. I looked in the owners manual and found instructions on using the Homelink mirror buttons to program in your garage opener functions, but my mirror is just the basic type with no electronics. I found someones post that said the V6 models dont come with the homelink mirror option, but mine is the V8 SE, I'm wondering if the previous owner broke it and had it replaced with just a basic mirror? Anyone know if this should be standard on my model?

Trynian

Reaction score
Correct, it is only an option on an SE not standard, at least on the 06's.

The wiring is in place but the LR one requires a different window and mount. The company that made them for LR does have one that you can install pretty easy.

http://www.mitocorp.com/homelink-auto-dimming-mirrors.html

Just check that you get it for the correct mount.

Shop around on ebay and you can find them new for cheaper then in the link.

sethmckinney

Reaction score
bummer its not standard, but thanks for the link! Pretty sure I'll add an aftermarket one. :)

c3c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have pics that they can post???? Also is the wiring for the mirror a plug and play???

I have an 06 LR3 with the regular mirror and I am interested in upgrading!

Trynian

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics that they can post???? Also is the wiring for the mirror a plug and play???

I have an 06 LR3 with the regular mirror and I am interested in upgrading!

The wiring plug is right up under the dome light, it is not exactly plug and play because the after market mirror doesn't have the same plug.

There are only 3 wires for the after market mirror. One for ground, two for power designed to have one power lead for the homelink and one for the auto dimming mirror function.

The LR plug is a 4 pin female plug similar to one you would find in a computer. You need to find a 4 pin male plug and wire it up to the mirror in the correct sequence.

If I remember correctly the LR plug had one ground, one low voltage constant power lead, one 12 volt lead that came on with the key and the other I could not figure out.

I wired both power leads on the mirror to the key on 12 volt lead and of course the ground to the ground.

The reason the power of the 2 functions on the mirror are seperate is so you can hook the home link up to a constant power if you wanted it to operate when the car is off. The constant lead on the LR wiring was to low voltage to work. I didn't bother finding another because I only use the opener when the car is on.

It took me about 5 minutes to install the mirror once I had the mirror plug wired up right.

Last edited:

GreyMatter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im confused...you have a remote that you cant program so you want to get the homelink for yours? is that correct?

if that is the case then homelink will not work for you, as programming your hand held remote is almost the same steps as programming the home link..

Trynian

Reaction score
im confused...you have a remote that you cant program so you want to get the homelink for yours? is that correct?

if that is the case then homelink will not work for you, as programming your hand held remote is almost the same steps as programming the home link..

I think he was saying he was looking for a homelink function and found he did not have it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9