Hood release lever not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whitepr

Reaction score
I pulled the hood release lever this afternoon and it wouldn't release the hood latch even though it did feel like there was tension in the lever. The last few times the lever has gone the full motion before the hood finally released. I'm not sure if there is a cable or something in there that stretches out eventually. Anyone know how to fix this and get under the hood?

F

fbrems

Dont worry it is common, the link between your handle and the lock is through a cable and the grease is probably dried out. After my handle broke off in the cabin, I dismantled the entire cable (a bit of a diving job) filled the cable hose with *********** oil and reinstalled. Works perfectly and for sure cheaper than purchasing a new cable. The Hood Lock is very solid and it is not likely that you have a problem with that one.
Hope it works out for you.

whitepr

Reaction score
I was able to fix the cable without too much trouble. I detached the lever from the side wall and pulled the cable with a vice grip. The hood popped right up. A little lube around the lock and down into the cable seemed to clear it right up. Now she opens without trouble.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge