Hood sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilSessions

Reaction score
13 Bucks at my dealer for a new one. Go get one and say goodbye to the random 2am horn blasts!!!!!!

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the sensor may just need to be cleaned. Prior to trying to disable/rig it, try cleaning it. A coating of dust is sometimes enough to cause a problem. A couple of times now, after travel on dirt/dusty roads for some amount of time, I would get the warning msg. After completley blowing out and cleaning the latch/hood area, the msg went away.

Prokash

Reaction score
I have had this error code for 5,000 miles

I think you'd be better off putting aluminum foil in the 'open bonnet' wiring harness. Just unplug it, throw some al foil in there and plug it back in. It takes about 20 seconds and so far has been fool proof. I tried fiddling with adjusting catches and whatnot on the hood and ultimately it always failed.

Ha! Im trying it for sure.

:goodnight

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 years later, I switched to some sort of heavy duty staple along the way...
Not to mention that absolutely nobody has stolen my engine yet...so that's a bonus!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99