Horrible rattle from sunroof area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDiehl

Reaction score
Same here. Drives me crazy. It stops when I put pressure on the glass. Would like a definitive repair solution that doesn’t replace the whole assembly costing way too much…. But might be worth it.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The workshop manual describes how to install all body panels including the skylights.
There is no value in hypothesizing what is the issue without any investigation. I would already have the headliner out (takes 10 mins). Though the workshop manual does not define that this is necessary.
What I didn’t see shared is how this all started. Those rails or guides don’t break on their own…. did some one stand on the glass? Push the glass open or closed? used the motor to break a roof sealed in ice?

Last edited:

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The workshop manual describes how to install all body panels including the skylights.
There is no value in hypothesizing what is the issue without any investigation. I would already have the headliner out (takes 10 mins). Though the workshop manual does not define that this is necessary.
What I didn’t see shared is how this all started. Those rails or guides don’t break on their own…. did some one stand on the glass? Push the glass open or closed? used the motor to break a roof sealed in ice?
Not sure which post you’re responding to. The original 2015 post? My update to this had nothing to do with the sunroof glass. I disagree with your comment about value. The whole point of my post was to determine if others had experienced this issue and their recommendations. That has value to me. Awesome that you can drop a headliner in 10 minutes btw. That’s cool.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72