How concerned should I be with a 150K miles LR4? Proactive repairs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keya

Reaction score
This is good advice and carries another benefit. I find that when I go looking for info using forum search, I invariably wind up going down a bunch of unexpected rabbit holes. That's not a bad thing, because I wind up learning a lot of extra stuff I didn't even think of at first.

@keya, the water pump replacements are par for the course. Nearly every LR4 had its first water pump replacement while still under warranty. The fact that the replacement (2nd) pump appears to have made it nearly 100K miles is incredible. You didn't mention your exact mileage but if the current (3rd) pump has 40-50K miles it might be worth replacing along with the front and rear crossover pipes.

The electronic air suspension (EAS) system could potentially strand you depending on its condition. You might want to install a fresh battery as these cars have strange electrical systems and give very little warning before flaking out. And I'd recommend reserving about $500 of your budget for an IIDTool by GAP Diagnostics to help you pull, interpret, and clear fault codes and make adjustments to your vehicle.
What is the rear crossover pipe part number? Is it LR122710? I'm not 100% sure. Thanks

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My part number was LR109401, but it may have been superseded by this new part number mentioned above. Just know that the v8 and v6 have different rear crossovers. The v6 part has longer “arms” to reach past the missing two cylinders. Make sure you get the correct part. Have the dealer double check for you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM