How many series owners do we have..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Y

youvagrant

my first post

1974 series III 109. (Right-hand drive!!)

Also my husband has a 1965 series II 88 which he completely rebuilt a couple years ago. Runs like a champ (he's got an overdrive, but my engine's bigger/tougher, so i can run mine harder:).

BTW: i bought mine last August & we just got the engine (an Essex v6 3.0 conversion) back in after pulling it & having it completely rebuilt (bastard threw a camshaft bearing enroute to Florida from Indiana when I first bought it). I've yet to hear the sweet rumble of the engine starting...at this point it seems we haven't gotten the firing order &/or timing right....

p.s. If anyone has any experience/advice involving conversions, I heartily welcome you to share it.

L

LandRoverDirectService

I have had too many Series vehicles to list! I think that they are the best Land Rover built, and also very easy to work on! I don't know how good the US versions are, but my current Series III 2.25d Station Wagon (LWB) creams every other offroad vehicle that comes offroading with me. It is even better than my brand new Defender 110 Hard Top!

M

mrkersh

Series IIA

I have a 1970 Series IIA. Just bought it last month and have begun the one for one part replacement.

M

moonman

73' Series 3 LWB - Petrol. -- Restoration.
Series 2 SWB - Petrol..

C

CostelloM

1971 SIIA 2.25ltr Petrol RHD 88" Ex-MOD from New Zealand

M

mansive

does anyone know the firing order order or torque specification for the head bolts on a 1999 range rover 4.6 v-8 hse?

George

Reaction score
1968 88" in Cape Town, South Africa.

Also Defender V8 and Discovery V8

C

cautionlefthanddrive

One more series driver here

It seems like the thread is kinda old, but as Landys are, they just get better with age. I have a 88" 1960 Series II, petrol. Just in the process of partially renovating it. All electrical needs rebuild, as the former owner did not leave one wire in it. Oh well, things could have been worse. Oh yeah, just noticed it's missing the front propeller shaft and a few not so un-important parts in the front differential. But the engine runs like clockwork and I drove it around the block. Anybody has a lead on a PTO or winch? That'll make my day. By the way I am in Santa Cruz, CA.

See you soon,

Hanno

PS: Will put some pics up soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aberbotimue

New here from the UK..

I have this

Date of First Registration 14 10 1976
Year of Manufacture 1976
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2286CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available