How to fix those cracked leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roughtx

Reaction score
Has anyone fixed the leather seats in a Classic? Seat covers are ok... but I want to know if anyone has really redone their classic, or knows how to do it inexpensively . . .

D

discomike

Cracked leather seats

The 2 cheapest ways are seat inserts by a good auto trim shop or buying seats from an Rover scrap yard.

Roughtx

Reaction score
Have you tried that? Do you know how much that would cost to do it right? Thanks Mike.

D

discomike

John,
How bad are your seats, are we talking about all the surfaces or just a few? And yes, over the years I have had some panels replaced and it's a little pricey but than it looks new again.
So which seats and how bad?

Roughtx

Reaction score
My seats are really bad on the bottom panel only. The backs of the seats are ok. The arm rest on the drivers side is really bad too. It is kind of my pet peeve with my rover.

D

discomike

Rough Seats

So when was the last time you saddle soaped and oiled your seats. Thet are as good as any other manufacture seats that also get dried out from all the dust and heat we put them through.
I treat my seats 2 to 3 times a year and my 99 does not have a crack of flaw so far.

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen some of those leather seats on ebay going for $80 a pop. Try there...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112