HSE vs HSE-Lux Leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the purpose to the extended leather in cars. Just not sold on that one.

From my perspective it's purely cosmetic. It's one I did, but could live without. It also seems to be a little bit more work to keep clean.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I would consider extended leather option is for the extra padding on the top door panel, as I always find myself using that as an arm rest.

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I would consider extended leather option is for the extra padding on the top door panel, as I always find myself using that as an arm rest.

Good point, that definitely holds true for me. It is softer than my 2010 that didn't have that option.

atlantaM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bingo! plus the leather isn't grained, so feels better, at least to me.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extneded leather looks a lot better! The big center console hatch becomes covered in leather with contrast stitching as well as upper door sills, etc that other have pointed out.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opted out of the extended on my Lux, I also use it as an arm rest, but I wanted to use the more durable materials there. I think the non-extended stuff is still very nice to touch. It also wasn't as good of a value for the money.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended is only 1k, right?

I say "only" because other manufacturers are charging 3x as much for the same. (BMW, Merc, etc)

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with mbw. A $1,000 is almost a set of tires, rack or protection items when compared to some leather on the dash and doors.

Again, I just don't think its for me.

Disco4Play

Reaction score
I've got the poor man's version - 2012 LR4 Base. That being said I have the base leather package. I have 32,000 miles and my leather shows absolutely so signs of wear at all. I condition every quarter, but not a big deal. It's held up really well. I think it's sportier and more durable than that fancy stuff y'all have! ;-)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM