I 'm in love with this car!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danwolfca

Reaction score
:proud:Got an LR3, almost 4 years ago...First time I saw one , I tought that's a real SUV...Time went by and I got initiated to the Land Rover ownership , but thank god, everything was under warranty...Last December i got so upset with this brand cause they had to change a few things on the car , thought to myself "How can this happen in 2010???"...Last thing they changed was the rack and pinion !!!! So for a while, I decided that this was it with LR, and started looking for other brands...After a while still going around in my LR3, the pleasure of driving this thing got me back to my first thoughts about this car...So before i know it ,tomorrow I'm going to pick up my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux (Black on black with the 20 inches wheels....AWESOME)...Like I keep saying to people who are asking about LR, i tell them even the ride to go get a quart of milk at the convenience store at 10 at nite is fun!!!!

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally agree!!! I LOVE my LR4! When i slow down my day and realize as i walk up to my baby...i smile...because unless you own one..u will not understand the joy to climb into this REAL SUV and press that button and feel the power of a Land Rover!

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:proud:Got an LR3, almost 4 years ago...First time I saw one , I tought that's a real SUV...Time went by and I got initiated to the Land Rover ownership , but thank god, everything was under warranty...Last December i got so upset with this brand cause they had to change a few things on the car , thought to myself "How can this happen in 2010???"...Last thing they changed was the rack and pinion !!!! So for a while, I decided that this was it with LR, and started looking for other brands...After a while still going around in my LR3, the pleasure of driving this thing got me back to my first thoughts about this car...So before i know it ,tomorrow I'm going to pick up my 2011 LR4 HSE Lux (Black on black with the 20 inches wheels....AWESOME)...Like I keep saying to people who are asking about LR, i tell them even the ride to go get a quart of milk at the convenience store at 10 at nite is fun!!!!

Just to clarify, were you upset beca7se you had issues with your LR3 or that LR changed in 2010?

Either way, I think most LR4 owners feel the same way. I'm taking mine out off-roading again in a few weeks...it's absolutely amazing on the trails.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my LR as well, brings a smile to my face everyday. Haven't had that feeling about a vehicle in a very, very long time.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Congrats on the new lr4. I get a smile on My face when I put my foot on the gas just slightly and feel the power and responsiveness of the engine. Nice!!! It is a very good looking SUV. I think it is much better looking that the RR and the RRS. Not to mention more practical also.

patsy

Reaction score
My Story

I'm new here......Congrats on the new LR4! I'm expecting my new 2011 LR4 HSE LUX (black/black w/ Vision Assist and Heavy Duty) any day now from port. For me, this is my first LR and I've had a deep down desire for a vehicle like this for a long time now. I've always appreciated the design of the entire LR line going back about 20 years now. However, it wasn't until I was living in Australia in 2000 that I was hooked. I was vacationing on an island in Queensland called Fraser Island (largest sand island in the world) where all the roads were made of soft white sand. Obviously, the only way to get anywhere on the island was by 4x4. By chance, the rental car company gave me a 1990's era white RR. When I took the vehicle from the center of the island to the beaches, I followed a long line of different 4x4s (Jeep Wrangler, Toyota Land Cruiser, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Four Runner, and Nissan Pathfinder). I'm proud to say that day, that the only vehicle that did not get stuck in the soft sand of a dark gully was the old RR I was driving. Every single vehicle had to be pulled from the sand with a winch. I was no off-road expert, therefore I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with human ability. From that day on, I always said that if I was to ever purchase an SUV, I would get something made by LR. It just so happens that it's 11 years later and my personal life has changed immensely (2 young boys), therefore my decision to go with the LR4 (over the RRs). I can't wait till it arrives!!! I'll be sure to give you all an update as soon as I get a chance to break it in.

danwolfca

Reaction score
Took delivery Friday

So, I took delivery last Friday, the LR4 was spotless, ready for delivery, as soon as my salesman opened the doors of my brand new SUV, snow started,but I didn't care because this what LR's are about...My salesman felt sorry for me because he wanted me to have it perfectly...So the wife and I went for a good drive this week end and wow what a difference from the LR3, since I got the 20 inches wheel you can feel the difference in the handling. I got he vision assist too, amazing!!! So hopefully so of the bugs reported in this forum won't show up, but i think these could have been fixed since my car came off the assembly line in January '11...
Regarding my previous post, I got upset for a while with some of the mechanical problems I had....:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge