i need more power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my 99 D2, and let me say that i know squat about Land Rover, although I am very very familair with my tools, having owned a Audi a4 for several years. Regardless, this thing needs more power, and coming from audi, i know that one of the easiest and most reliable(but not the cheapest) ways to do that is a chip, but wait...I cant find anything...anywhere. Please help. Really, ANY good land rover accessory website would help greatly. Also for those of you that have Borla or other aftermarket exhaust how is the tone, I wouldnt want anything much louder than stock. Also ohter than K&N what air filters would you guys suggest. Thanks

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Borla will be louder but you can tone it down with a resonator.

D

discomike

Chris,
Before you worry about a chip, and they are out there, how many miles on the truck. Ypu may want to look at you plugs, replace the wire set and even the O2's depending on your mileage.
What has been done to the truck from the stand point of engine maintance?
Mike J.

sydeem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to check after market Rover shops out your way. I found a shop in my area, West Coast Rovers, that had a package (tuned injector stacks, chip and Borla combination) that helped my Rover. (Tuned around 2,500 RPM with a reasonable bandwidth)

A stand alone chip is available at
http://catalog.roversnorth.com/catalog/large.taf?id=superchip

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mike,

the truck has 41,*** miles on it and it is certified, so i would hope that from a maintenance standpoint that it is up to date, but who knows. Also i purchased an additional 2 year warranty from the land rover dealer, which means i have 3yr/36k mile warranty. Are the O2 sensors hard to change on these? I know with my A4 they were a total PITA, and they ran 135 bux for one sensor.

Sergei, your link didnt work.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sydney,

I havent checked around, but i would highly doubt that there are any rover shops in my area, i am saying this based on the fact that i had to travel over and hour to get to the nearest dealer, but I do live in hick country so maybe there is a truck shop that would have a few goodies. I will have to start asking aorund. Thanks

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys,

apprx. how much of an increase can you expect from the ecu upgrade? also is it a complete ecu replacement or do they just flash my stock ecu? thanks

D

discomike

Chris,
With that low a mileage you won't need plug, wires or O2's, that is the good news.
You are supposed to be able to get an additional 22 H.P. with the chips and a pretty good increase in torque.
Mike J.

DiscoFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mike,
...at what mileage should I be looking at the plugs, wires, ect? Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member