IIDTool for LR4 - When???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because the stock EAS calibration numbers in each vehicle and each corner of the vehicle are unique and don't necessarily match other cars, even of the same model and model year. Based on those initial calibration numbers polled and stored by the module as your defaults values - so you can always go back to them if you get confused or wish to bring the car back to stock prior to a dealer visit - IIDTool calculates the theoretical maximum suspensions travel limit (in millimeters) that your specific car allows, which may therefore vary depending on your starting calibration numbers. Sometimes it's +/- 50mm, but usually it's a bit less. In the case of David's car, it's 43mm. Mine allows up to +46.

Highway running at -20mm (that's less than 1 inch) won't cause alignment issues unless you plan on doing it permanently, in which case you probably should get an alignment to correct the slightly modified geometry down there. Keep in mind that even the car's suspensions will eventually lower by 20mm on the highway (it's called High Speed mode), although you need to hit the ridiculous speed of 100mph before they will do so. I also find that lowering the car by as little as 20mm makes the vehicle handle better in turns / mountain roads, besides the slightly more aerodynamic stance on the highway (we are still talking about the aerodynamics of a brick, lol.)

Can you adjust the highway speed down to say 55mph or something more realistic than 100mph? I would like to run -20mm on the highway. I am getting my IIDtool from lucky8.com it should be here friday.

thanks for the help

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the -20mm i use the LLAMS kit.. works great and i saw 1-2mpg on the highway. I use the IIDT for my tpms etc.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not yet, anyway. I think those speed limits thresholds (both the "low end" ones that cause the car to exit access or off-road mode and return to normal height, and the high speed one you are mentioning) may be baked into the EAS module and as such they may not be modifiable via software / diagnostics. However, I know the guys at GAP were looking into it as many owners have requested the ability to modify those parameters. So, not all hope is lost. Perhaps they will figure it out and release that feature in a future firmware update, although I imagine they may also be concerned about potential liability issues with Land Rover if their module allowed such changes. At present though, that's not possible.

Like Kaaae, I use the LLAMS height controller instead.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hope they allow this soon. I guess i should have asked these questions before buying IIdtool. I don't want to spend abnother 800 bones on another suspension tool (LLams).

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you adjust the highway speed down to say 55mph or something more realistic than 100mph? I would like to run -20mm on the highway. I am getting my IIDtool from lucky8.com it should be here friday.

thanks for the help

You can simply use the tool to adjust the suspension at -20mm.
It takes seconds to do it and you can come back to stock anytime.
Just go to EAS calibration/ adjust all/ -20.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a BT LR4 IIDTool from Island 4x4 in the UK. Under $600 including shipping. Between you all and reading the extremely long thread on Expedition Portal where Scott Brady discusses the LR4 they modified (and a lot of people were discussing tires) it became pretty apparent that the IIDTool will be very handy. And I guess this means I'm committed to the LR4 now. No more silly Land Cruiser thoughts. ;-)

I don't see myself pushing the limits of tire size for a while (though I may pick up Expat's Compos later this summer if nobody else jumps on those.) But it sure seems to me that there are a number of things I'll be able to do with the IIDTool. And though I am not mechanical, I do like to tweak and personalize things.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a BT LR4 IIDTool from Island 4x4 in the UK. Under $600 including shipping. Between you all and reading the extremely long thread on Expedition Portal where Scott Brady discusses the LR4 they modified (and a lot of people were discussing tires) it became pretty apparent that the IIDTool will be very handy. And I guess this means I'm committed to the LR4 now. No more silly Land Cruiser thoughts. ;-)

I don't see myself pushing the limits of tire size for a while (though I may pick up Expat's Compos later this summer if nobody else jumps on those.) But it sure seems to me that there are a number of things I'll be able to do with the IIDTool. And though I am not mechanical, I do like to tweak and personalize things.
Congratulations - it's a very useful tool. I really think it's a must have for the LR4. Yes, once you have committed to the IIDTool, then you are in a long-term relationship with your LR4. Haha!

ExPat's Compos are a great deal, I'd scoop them up! Heck, why not spend more money on modifications (says the guy who just spent > $3,000 for the front bumper and WARN winch).

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the answer is "yes" after reading their website but the IIDTool can reset the service reminder (i.e., "Service Required") indicator, correct?

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need IIDTool for that... Turn on the ignition without starting the engine (do not press the brake pedal) then, as rapidly as you can, latch and unlatch the driver's seat belt buckle 9 to 10 times, until you hear a single chime.

To enable the chime, just repeat the same procedure.

Wow. That is an insane requirement to disable the chime.

Is that in the manual or some semi-hidden trick?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much every vehicle equipped with the Ford "beltminder" system uses the same procedure to disable / enable the reminder chime.

Yes, you can reset the service reminder indicator of any LR4 with IIDTool (as of MY2014, you can reset it manually as well.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM