Imagine paying $60,000 for a car that doesn't drive straight.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kestreljr

Reaction score
Ok- a couple of questions- if you have had Toyota's for 20 years and there has never been ONE thing in twenty years that has broken on any of your cars (like even the mud flap falling off) then WHY would you buy any other car??!! My second question is if your car is pulling to the right again, it is not a mystery anymore- it is your brakes right?

I think the old adage of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." applies to you taking the car back to the same dealership. I understand your point about what is supposed to happen with a new car in a Perfect World- but buddy, this isn't a perfect world, go to another dealer already!!

H

Houm_WA

One more question: If you didn't buy a Land Rover for its offroad capability, what the heck DID you buy it for? LR's poor reliability is not a secret.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
Call me jaded, but having about 350 FTEs and thousands of patients and families to deal with, I think I read people pretty well and from very limited data. Something tells me you were just not going to be happy with this vehicle. Look at the title to this thread and your attitude after visit #1. Go back to Toyota. And as an owner of a Tundra 2001 4x4 Limited Access cab from 2000-2002, I can tell you Toyota does not make a perfect vehicle and the Toyota service experience is much inferior to LandRover. Exercise your lemon law buyback (you never answered, you are a lawyer, right?) and go get that new Tundra....you know, the one that is being delayed due to build issues?

X

xcursion

I agree that you should have been mentally prepared that this truck will not be a perfect in quality. That being said, it was no excuse that your brand new truck pulled to one side or how LR dealer treated you the way they did. When I first took delivery of my turck, it made a loud ping when the wheels are turn to lock. Dealer told me "not to turn the wheel all the way, then" I laughed at them and insisted they fix it. It was a simple fix and the truck has been great since. Hope you too enjoy your truck now that its fixed. If you decide not to exercise the lemon law, take it off road and you will see its value and capabilities. You will understand why RX330 is really an overpriced camry.

S

schafari

I wonder if this guy is a Toyota sales person? Maybe trying to bolster thee ole FJ sales. . . Just kidding. Frankly, never having an SUV, and never really wanting one, I have fell in love with the LR3. The little LR things just make sense. I would be hard pressed to go away from it.

Hey, how about going for a ride with the dealer and showing them how it freakish'ly pulls to the right. Or before you pick your car up, insist that they test drive it. Frankly, that is part of the alignment process if I am not mistaken. They have to ensure the steering wheel is still straight when the wheels are straight.

Have them check for a TSB that discussed some mounting bolts that can become stipped and not hold the alignment settings. I believe this happens only on the rear of 05 LR3s, but not for sure.

Also, what is your tire wear like? If you share more symptoms perhaps we can help further. How about damage? Any damage history? Any rim scuffs?

You didn't buy a LR to take if off the pavement? That is just sick. That poor LR3. That is like a rich 16 year old chippy rich girl getting a BMW M5 jsut because it is the best 5 series, never knowing or appreciating the capability and performance of that fine vehicle. . . Hum, maybe your LR3 thinks its owner doesn't do it justice and you are the one that is veering off course? Its a wake up call man. Take a two track into the woods. Enjoy some fall foilage. Hear the snick of your fly line slicing thru the air behind your head in some back woods stream. . . This is part of the proper maintenance of a Land Rover. It gets very sick of yappy gripping, the mall parking lot, and the lawyers office parking lot very quickly. It needs some quality time to operate well. If you want utility like souless transportaion, you hit the nail on the head for the last 20 years, your Toyota appliance habit. Maybe that is the answer so as to never drift right.

And by the way, if a car pulls, it will almost always to be the right. Look it up. It is for not swerving into on-coming traffic. European makes have done this forever. It is not big. Imagine falling asleep at the wheel. Which way do you want your car to eventually meander to?

(Thanks, that was fun. All meant in jest and good humor ribbing of course.)

A

auxny

Great truck

I purchased the truck for the ride. It is a luxurious ride. I always had the 4Runner limited. Land rover to me is the next step up. And for the money its great. All the other suv's in the price range didnt offer what I got from my landrover.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM