Installing xpel hood / front paint protection ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nashvegas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey - anyone had the XPEL paint protection installed on their LR3... and headlights/hood/grille?

Its a few hundred bucks but I'm wondering if anyone has done it and really likes it.

Does it go around the LAND ROVER letters on the hood OK?

One of the reasons I'd like to do this is my recently-sold 2003 Disco had some chips up front from road rash and the headlights got totally sandblasted in the 6 years we had the truck. I'm hoping it'll spare my LR3's front since I intend to keep it for a long long time.

Thanks

Team Jeff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nashvegas, I cannot comment on that particular product, but I have used 3M clear bra on other vehicles (also ipods, computers, etc) and can tell you with out a doubt it is truly amazing stuff! It will absolutely protect the paint from all but the biggest flying pebble hits! The only real caution is the surface your applying it to must be very clean & if there are tight bends such as wrapping around a fender lip it is prone to detaching, no more than a thick sticker would... you get the idea.

san6279

Reaction score
I second that about the 3M product. Have had it on my 2006 LR3 for almost 3 yrs now. Had it installed professionally on the front grill and headlights, hood, door handle areas, and door trim. Highly recommended.

The cutouts for the hood letters work very well - good fit. The front grill, headlights, and hood to this day have no dings. Hard to say what it would have looked like w/o, but I know it has helped keep it looking new. Worth the money in my opinion.

H2OU

Reaction score
I had the 3M product installed about 6 months ago. I wish I would have done it when I bought mine new!

xtremerovers

Reaction score
Hi,
We actually have one installed on our front bumper and hood. We have the hood letters removed and the clear bra put on with out the lettering cut out of it. Then we reapplied the new letters for a clean look.

They are well worth the price for the protection is perfect!

We carry Xpel, so let us know if you want to get a clear bra kit for your LR3

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer