iPod/iPhone Solution & Satellite radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It makes no sense that there aren't more solutions for the AUX input with an iPod/iPhone. It also makes zero sense that a two-year old Belkin won't work with a new iPhone.

It gets worse, I have an AUX cable patched into the back of my head unit for my iPod/iPhone. It charges my iPhone and has a nice and loud source level. However, the cable I used was designed for the iPod and every time I plug in my iPhone (1st generation) it says, not compatible - would I like to turn off the phone mode? And I press no (or ignore?) and then it works fine. Now my buddy has an iPhone 2.0, and it will not charge on this same plug that runs my 1.0 iPhone ! How messed up is that? I have no idea why the heck Apple can't keep the pinouts straight on these damm things.

I plan on getting the v3.0 iPhone this summer, I will probably have to upgrade my AUX cable. Sigh....

LR3-ham-install-02-800.gif

Hollywood619

Reaction score
Please forgive me for being LR3 stupid, but are you saying that in my 2007 that is sat radio ready I can't have and Ipod integrated and have the sat radio? My manual says to toggle through the inputs by pressing AUX to select Ipod or sat radio. Is this wrong?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aux/Ipod works with factory Sat. The AUX button toggles though SAT1, SAT2, and AUX. Nice feature is the Sat station does not change between SAT1 and SAT2 (just the preset buttons).

Knobber

Reaction score
Not for LR3's but most of us have other and older Rover as well: Wanted to share these guys: www.GB4x4Radios.com they have a shop in both Arkansas/Texas USA & in Sheffield UK.

At Roverville-Radios Repair (now called GB4x4Radios due to "Land Rover" asking them to change their name) I had an iPod/MP3/Smart phone Auxiliary jack installed in the face of my O.E.M. radio (P-38 Range Rover and it looks and sounds fantastic... and to top it off their method let me keep my CD changer working and in line, I lost nothing and gained a 3.5mm directly connected auxiliary jack in the face off my Factory Clarion Diversity radio. I actually use it for my iPhone; works perfectly. The system they created works great! Sound quality is better than the Radio, tape or CD changer! I just plug the jack in and the iPod plays through my stereo directly…. so no nasty FM modulation or cassette tape adapters and all controls on the stereo still work and the steering wheel volume too, only thing I have to do is select the songs on the iPhone… I always set to shuffle anyway, Is great! It restored the love for my old Rover; feels like I got a new Range Rover now. My iPhone works great with it too. When I get a call the music automatically fades and I hear the phone ringing in my car speakers, same when I talk. After the call the music automatically returns to the level it was. I highly recommend them for your Aux type connection and their excellent and speedy Land Rover stereo repairs. BTW My radio had not worked for about a year until I found these guys by simply typing into Google: Range Rover radio repair. When I contacted them they replied with easy to follow instructions & pictures…. so I was able to pull the radio out myself They made it easy and offer the iPod feature at near 1/2 price with repair just $79, usually $129 plus shipping. You can see pics on their website:

Last edited:

Knobber

Reaction score
Hi,

I read your posts here on Ipod /Mp3 etc type connections and wanted to share these guys I found: http://www.roverville.us they have a shop in Arkansas/Texas & in UK.

At Roverville I had an ipod/MP3 Auxiliary jack installed in the face of my OEM radio (1996 P-38 Range Rover and it looks factory and sounds fantastic... and to top it off it lets me keep my existing CD changer in line & working, I lost nothing, but gained Ipod an auxiliary jack in the face off my Factory radio. I actually use it for my iPhone 3G; works perfectly. The system Roverville created I just plug the jack in and the iPod plays through my stereo directly…. so no FM modulation or cassette tape adaptors and all controls on the stereo still work and the steering wheel, only thing I have to do is select the songs on the iPhone… I always set to shuffle anyway, Is great! I never looked back and so I highly recommend Roverville for your Ipod type connection and their excellent and speedy Rover stereo repairs/exchange/sales etc . BTW My radio had not worked for about a year until I found these guys by simply typing into Google: Range Rover radio repair. When I contacted them by e-mail: [email protected] & [email protected] they replied with easy to follow instructions & pictures…. so I pulled the radio out myself :biggrin: . They made it easy with their pics and instrucotions and they offered me their new iPod feature at 1/2 the price with repair. You can see pics on their website, too cool! : http://www.roverville.us

Best!

Jon

Last edited:

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Sirius FM Direct adapter works! You need part # FDMA25 (the direct adapter), and the "European" antenna adapter. I bought mine from Best Buy. Entire install was under an hour and the sound quality result was well worth it!

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I read your posts here on Ipod /Mp3 etc type connections and wanted to share these guys I found: http://www.roverville.us they have a shop in Arkansas/Texas & in UK.

At Roverville I had an ipod/MP3 Auxiliary jack installed in the face of my OEM radio (1996 P-38 Range Rover and it looks factory and sounds fantastic... and to top it off it lets me keep my existing CD changer in line & working, I lost nothing, but gained Ipod an auxiliary jack in the face off my Factory radio. I actually use it for my iPhone 3G; works perfectly. The system Roverville created I just plug the jack in and the iPod plays through my stereo directly…. so no FM modulation or cassette tape adaptors and all controls on the stereo still work and the steering wheel, only thing I have to do is select the songs on the iPhone… I always set to shuffle anyway, Is great! I never looked back and so I highly recommend Roverville for your Ipod type connection and their excellent and speedy Rover stereo repairs/exchange/sales etc . BTW My radio had not worked for about a year until I found these guys by simply typing into Google: Range Rover radio repair. When I contacted them by e-mail: [email protected] & [email protected] they replied with easy to follow instructions & pictures…. so I pulled the radio out myself :biggrin: . They made it easy with their pics and instrucotions and they offered me their new iPod feature at 1/2 the price with repair. You can see pics on their website, too cool! : http://www.roverville.us

Best!

Jon

These guys offer nothing for the LR3, not sure why this is posted here...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99