iPod - Recommended Solutions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From that link Angasried posted, I found a photo of what my iPod cable looks like. I'm not 100% postive it has RCA leads for the back of our headunits, but its definately similar.

iPodRCAPlus1.jpg

sushisean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a pic of the back of the head unit? and while we're on the topic, instructions for removing the head unit?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You pull on the plastic that surrounds the stereo. It's snaps out. Once that's off, there are 4 phillips head screws holding the radio in. I don't have a pic, but it takes less than a minute to get access to the rear of the radio.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Angas, where do you plug it in on the rear of the radio? Do you then access this through the AUX selection? (I suppose it will **** the current AUX input behind the center console)

Thanks.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually took apart the center console and just moved the aux input plug. So, it's basically removed from the stock location to more inside the the center console. That way there aren't wires hanging everywhere and what not.

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually took apart the center console and just moved the aux input plug. So, it's basically removed from the stock location to more inside the the center console. That way there aren't wires hanging everywhere and what not.
Can you post a picture of that? Sounds clean. Thanks.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of that? Sounds clean. Thanks.
Angas, if you just moved the existing Aux plug, it sounds like you'd have the same low level issues that we currently have. Is this correct or did you also change how this attaches to the receiver itself?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only took them 3 years and change... But Nav-TV finally has a new module to integrate iPods (both audio and video) into the touchscreen interface through the "dormant" Land Rover TV tuner menu built into our infotainment system. It' called VEHICLEDOCK FOR IPOD. :biggrin: Pretty slick emulation, considering the limitations of our MOST system. No idea about MSRP in the US yet - will find out soon - but here is a demo video of an iPhone in action on a LR3/RRS touchscreen (watch it in high quality if your bandwidth allows it, a lot less squinting required):

YouTube - range rover video ipod integration

I could only find some generic info of this module, and the required interface for our cars, on their UK site for now:

http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/products/opv-1lr?car=131
http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/products/vehicledock-ipod?car=131

Last edited:

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much nicer than anything else I've seen. Seems a little difficult on the touchscreen entry though. Thanks for posting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635