It is official, now "Suspension Fault" shows up every other trip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

schafari

Well, what a bummer. I was hoping it was a fluke and would go away, but now I am getting the suspension fault error about every other trip. This is without touching the height selector. Just appears. I have an 05 LRE HSE with 1,387 miles on it, with the towing electronics.

Does anyone have info on the latest thinking on what this is? I would hate for my dealer to struggle in their search. I have searched the forum, and there is good info. However, I am hoping someone knows the standard fix to this seemingly standard problem.

Any TSBs?

Thanks

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you bugged your service department yet? There are numerous things that could impact your suspension. I'm sure they've had some experience diagnosing issues like this after 15 months of production... unless they are a very small shop.

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HAHA, welcome to the darkside, sorry couldn't help myself. I feel for you, this is where your journey into bad service and dealing with non-competent ppl begin.

Disclaimer: not all of them are non-competent, who knows you might get lucky.

I had 2 bad compressors(original and one supposedly revised version), on 3rd one now,so far so good.

Last edited:
S

schafari

I am scheduled for Monday for the suspension fix. My dealer (Autobhan Land Rover Fort Worth, TX) knew exactly what I was talking about, and sounded like he knew exactly what it was. He even has a compressor in stock and tagged it for me.

So far, the Service Advisor, Robert Smiley, has been fantastic and seems to be extremely knowledgable, easy to work with, and very accomadating. He has demonstrated great customer care.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that a simple compressor replacement solves the problem. That would be great.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's just the compressor, awesome. Good luck. :)

H

Houm_WA

Fault Light

Hi all,

First time poster here.

Did the fault light associated with your suspension failures clear itself after a re-boot?

I've gotten 3 suspension faults, all with amber colored icon, and it cleared itself after I shut the vehicle off, let it sit for a half-minute, and then restarted it (including letting it complete the system check before a full crank).

I got the fault three independent times (on different days actually) and I can't seem to reproduce it on a non-random basis. Without doing so, LR has said that they cannot diagnose it. They said that faults for the EAS that don't result in a red icon or if the amber icon is not illuminated...can not be diagnosed. ...essentially that it does not leave any history or fault code.

Does this sound correct? The suspension still seems to work fine. In fact, even after the fault, during which it lowered from off-road height to normal height, I was able to raise it back up...HOWEVER, special programs were no longer available in TR.

Thanks.

M

mwillems

Ft.Worth eh? Wow, I was just there, drove from Toronto (see my post about the road trip) and just got back here today. I wish I could've stayed!

I;ve had my share of suspension errors but after replacing wiring loom and height sensor, everything OK. I am sure your dealer will fix the issue.

Odd that LR cannot make a reliable air suspension even with Ford's help. But it's all worth it when it works.

R

roverdawg

Well, got my truck back after taken in for this and that, including suspension faults. First time in they replaced the compressor and it was ok for awhile. Second time in they couldn't diagnose, third time in (last week) they diagnosed a faulty connector and repaired. Today, the suspension faults are back... I'll censor myself and not type anymore today...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost feel left out. :) Ok, I don't. No errors yet. (Cross fingers.) Though I can understand why it's hard to diagnose... so many possibilities, especially if it's electrical/wiring... and you can't just swap everything.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM