JD Power & LR3 rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of you get the JD Power and Associates form to fill out after you bought your LR3?

The dealer I bought mine from was very concerned that I fill it out and I give a good rating.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All buyers will get those. That's how dealers, sales people, service departments, etc. are evaluated. The results are important to them; there are numerous reasons.

S

Sodium

they called me and did it over the phone, dissapointed with the service dept. overall...

R

roverdawg

I've rec'd the JD Power buying experience, etc survey and was able to give the Sales Dept. high marks. I've also rec'd a couple of service surveys and one was great, the rest average to poor. But, that's why they do the surveys, eh? A tech on another forum made it clear that it wasn't (in his opinion) in our best interest to slam them in the surveys as they know who you are when they get the results. This is somewhat true as the internal LR website for the Consumer Service Index allows them to identify the customers with negative responses. However, I'm not one to be bullied and I certainly won't put down 'Outstanding' unless it's deserved. One LR employee that I talked to said that bonuses were tied in to 100% "Outstanding" surveys, others on some of these forums say it doesn't make a difference. I suspect it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

schafari

One thing that bugged me in my buying experience, was the sales person was extremely pushy on this topic. He spent about 10min discussing how critical it was I rate them outstanding. He even went so far as to say he can loose his job if he does not get rated outstanding.

Frankly, I was impressed with the dealership except for this. The only really negative, was this pressure and pushiness on the survey. It was to the point of insulting.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every buyer should be getting a phone call after the sale, and then a mail survey after that. The survey is a grading tool that is very important to the dealer. It is the only real concrete measuring device standard among all dealers to determine how the sales experience was presented. This goes for the service survey as well.
Additional info: Pay plans can be tied to the survey. The individual dealer can do that if they want. Some maintain a bonus program compared to other dealers. Some don't tie anything to it.
Salting the survey, Sure I want the dealer to get a good score, but if we sucked, how will we fix it if what we are best at is helping to fill out surveys?
Same goes for Service surveys. Fill it out honestly in a realistic fashion. If we could have been better, let us know. If we did as you expected, please let us know as well. Outrstanding inplies that it was done and done well. If you have some additional comments, there is space on the bottom. More significant change has happened from verbatim comments than anything else on the survey.
Can you be identified by the survey?, sure, once again that is the only way we can address the problems you may have had, and move forward to getting things corrected. If we identify a customer where things were not handled properly, we can work extra hard to maintain that client.
Dealers are not in the business to make people unhappy. Quite the opposite. The theory is to sell them a quality product @ a quality price, and then do everything we can to keep them coming back, eventually, they will want another one, and they will be so excited, they will get it from us, and we do this all over. The survey is a tool to help us to do this.
Sorry about the rant.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have yet to receive the phone call.

I too was told of the "dire" need to fill the form out. I had a positive expierence, so I gave good marks.

But a word of advice, to all those that might be in the process.

Tell them you will fill it out if they throw in mats;)

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Echoes :The process is supposed to have you called 24 hours after Land Rover receives your sales records. The call has a short and sweet script, and they also mention the paper survey is coming. Sounds like you did get that. I'd mention it the next time your are in, to see if someone has your # down wrong or something.
Roverdawg: Thank You. That guy you quoted is scary. I don't think he gets it at all. People should be emotional, for most a vehicle is the second biggest purchase you will make, it is an extension of the person. Damn right they are emotional. Yes there will be unreasonable folks, but most are not, good coaching to the client prior to delivery goes a long way. As for favors, that is touchy, but if a client dings us on a survey, the last thing we want to do is **** him off to get another crap survey. I'd prefer that we shine him to be honest. Some people take advantage of that almost to a lifestyle.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635