Just curious

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shermie

Reaction score
Hello again!

I have not posted much here after my 2002 SE Freelander died earlier this year. We went down to earth and purchased a 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander. Anyhow, I wish you all the best with your Hippo's. It's been now 6 month's and my Mitsubishi has not even blinked at me. One Oil change so far and everything is smooth sailing.... not even a Service Engine Soon light, a monthly occurence in my old 2002 SE.. How are you doing out there in Roverland ?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear all is going well for you Shermie... I wish you all the best with your Mitsubishi. Not a bad looking vehicle, I know for me I am not sure I could have survived with a Hippo either, and I know a little bit about Rovers.

Shermie

Reaction score
What I found hard to stomach was the fact that when I tried to trade her in, I got all kinds of comments.

One dealer test driver asked me after the evaluation "how did you guys get here in that car?"

Another dealer told us " We don't accept Land Rover's for trade in, period" without even testing the car.

Ironically, once the warranty ran out, every concievable problem was put on a $ 11,000 USD repair estimate, and this was weeks away from a total engine failure.

Yet the car did not look over 1 year old when I sold her for scrap to a local LR fanatic who parted the car, $1400 USD was all I could get, and the interiors still smelled new.

Shermie

Reaction score
The day the music died

Have to admit, one handsome SUV ! If it only have a better Engine/Transmission it would have been the small SUV of the decade! Who would imagine that this car was only worth $1400 ??

Attachments

• EOT607.jpg
    EOT607.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30
  • eot607_2.jpg
    eot607_2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members