Kayak Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rhigham

Reaction score
Anyone have insight into carrying two Malibu Ocean Kayaks? Can you carry both? Do you use the factory roof rails or Yakima or Thule.

Finally any pictures with two kayaks on would be great.

Thanks for the input.

Robert

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Anyone have insight into carrying two Malibu Ocean Kayaks? Can you carry both? Do you use the factory roof rails or Yakima or Thule.

Thanks for the input.

Robert

Robert, I currently use 58" Yakima bars on my LR3 plus a fairing, bike mounts and box. When I had a Hobie tandem kayak, I added a Yakima boat loader to lift my boat up onto the rack.
I'm sure that 2 of the MOK will fit fine but you need 58" bars and use either the Yakima hullraiser mounts or if you lay each boat face up, go with the Mako mounts that have rollers on the back bar. This system also allows for easy lifting from the rear. Also, depending on how long those kayaks are, you'll most likely need to tie them at the front and rear too.
I no longer own the Hobie so if your interested in my boat loader bar, send me a PM.
As for pix, type in "land rover OR lr3 with kayaks" and you see lots of examples there. ALso, try REI or rackattack.com to buy the Yakima systems. Good luck and have fun!

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the input.

Robert

It is possible to fit two kayaks up there. I have a baja rack that stays on all the time. Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the poor quality.

Attachments

• IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0008.jpg
    IMAG0008.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0010_1.jpg
    IMAG0010_1.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 23

rhigham

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the input and photos! Looks like I will go with Yakima or Thule. Cant wait to get the Kayaks in the Water.

Robert

goinsurfin

Reaction score
It is possible to fit two kayaks up there. I have a baja rack that stays on all the time. Here are a couple of pics. Sorry for the poor quality.

That is sweet! I love the looks of LRs with gear on top!

jbrincks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks me too! I wish I would have gotten better pictures when I had them up there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM