Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcorn

Reaction score
NASdiesel; which side, right as well? I forgot, what is your vehicle year?

Paul M

Reaction score
i turned my sensors off... to get the sensors to work you need to use that sensor deflector that came with the bumper and that looks like crap. it would not fit with my full spare anyways. If anyone needs help let me know

How did you turn off the sensors? I just installed the Kaymar on my 2013 LR4 and the sensors are an issue as well as the wing brackets not fitting with the stock rectangular resonators and the brackets were designed for round resonators.

Paul M

Reaction score
Sierra Expeditions did the best they could with Eric's instructions also. It's off a bit but not as much as yours. I can deal with it for now until I can ask them to try and level it off more. I don't have tools or a large to work in.

The sensors go off once its in reverse so I just turn them off at the dash console. I'm ordering the GAP tool soon to permenantly disable them until someone figures out how to get them working properly :)

And yes, my Disco is in Ipanema Sand. I've ordered a ProspeedUK roof rack system for it a few weeks ago and just waiting for it to arrive and have it installed. I plan on having my vents and grill painted black, possibly my wheel arches also. And I'm looking into buying a Black Discovery 4 badge for my rear and Landrover for the bonnet. I'll post more pics of her when she's done.

did your GAP tool turn off the sensors? I just installed the Kaymar last weekend and it was all day with 2 people helping and still not complete. The auxillary fuel tank works nice but with Will gone @ Sierra, I had Kevin @ Rov-N-tech install (11 hrs). The Kaymar is nice kit but lighter than the TR. Long Range America in Stockton, CA is now selling both but instructions are poor and not vetted for NAS LR4's. side brackets on Kaymar are designed for round resonators on LR3, not the rectangular ones on LR4 so need a bracket redesign or cut off the resonators and straight pipe or install the LR3's, all extra expense to an already nice but expensive bumper.

Paul M

Reaction score
Is anyone else with a Kaymar getting a large amount of condensation/moisture in the LED light housings that come with the Kaymar? I noticed this a few months ago, but with the weather change and repeated care washings, it has become worse. Just want to know if anyone else notices this.
I know this is an old thread but my rear LED on the right side is full of blinker fluid and rust and the lights are inop. I havent opened it up yet but want to know how you resolved it .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72