Key Fob Lost—need replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

austinlr4

Reaction score
I'm interested in what the OP found out. I need a new replacement FOB/Smart Key. I have a spare (lost original inside the car). I have a 2016 LR4 (US). Thanks!

austinlr4

Reaction score
I wish I could tell where it is!
I was driving one morning last week, had a pair of shorts on. Key was in my right pocket. I heard something slide out of my pocket and go down to the right of the driver seat. I know the sound well, has happened with my phone before. I cannot find it anywhere, but i know it is in the car.
I can leave my spare key in the house and still start the care, so it's in there somewhere. Driving me nuts!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really should find that fob. Besides the obvious - your car would be exceedingly easy to steal, you may be unable to use the remote lock button on the doors with a fob present inside the vehicle - you'd have quite a bit of quiescent drain on your battery, since as long as it detects a key in the car the system never really shuts down completely.

Next time: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...ive=43742653069&device=c&matchtype=&network=g - I know it looks silly, but it works.

Last edited:

austinlr4

Reaction score
The good news is that i can lock the doors with the other remote. But, if someone broke a window and hopped in, they could take it quite easily. I'd like to find the key as well, but have turned it inside and out. Any ideas?
How hard is it to remove the drivers seat I wonder. I need a key sniffing dog...

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Move seat all the way forward and all the way back. Get under the seat with a small bright flashlight. There is some trim our the rails that it might be caught behind. You can also temporarily wedge something between the right bolster and center console so you can reach around. If your hands are too big, find a local grade schooler and offer $5 bucks if they can find it...

austinlr4

Reaction score
Thanks. I just tried that. I moved the seats (both sides) all the way up, back, down, etc. I removed a piece of trim on the front of the seat so i could see better under the seat. Nothing. I am beyond frustrated. Seat removal might be the next step, but I don't want to accidentally screw something up (like airbag sensor or something). Keep the ideas coming, and thank you :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635