Key Fob Lost—need replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Anyone went the non-dealer route to replace a lost key fob? Las Vegas Land Rover wants $500+ to replace, rekey, reprogram. A quick search on eBay gave some options at $100 (though "OEM" ones look suspect).

Any help is appreciated.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any compatible used key on eBay can easily be reprogrammed for your LR4, by a suitably equipped LR indy shop or even by yourself with a diagnostic tool such as IIDTool. Unlike the LR3, you don't need a megabucks new fob and cut key from the dealer anymore. As long as you have a working key with you, adding another is easy.

alegrialv

Reaction score
Which IIDTool do you recommend? Gap Diagnostics? https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/shop...to buy a used key, or it has to be a new one.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as it came off a LR4 {fobs from 2010+ RRS or Evoque will work as well), it can be a used or new fob, either the original 2010-11 or new/slim 2012+ style. If you buy a used one, you may want to install a new battery in it before programming it. Also, keep in mind that you will need a locksmith to cut a new "emergency" key blade stored inside the fob, though. All IIDTools for the LR4, standard and Bluetooth versions, have the key programming routine built into the latest firmware.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I reprogrammed a used key fob off ebay to my 2010 lr4 using my gap IIdtool. worked great

jkukura

Reaction score
Ok I have the IIDtool I have a new key I cant figure out how to program it and I just ran the battery Dead.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the US the fob frequency has always been 315 MHz, regardless of model year. Not sure about other countries.

scubadoc

Reaction score
Thanks! Both are available on eBay. Anything else to avoid? Hate to buy a $50 paperweight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM