Knocking out service engine light [D1]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

JackUnion

On RR classics and disco I's the service engine light comes on after a while, it's an "emmision maintenance reminder" to give it it's LR name "in my opinion it's a oh dear I'd better go to LR and give them some more money light". It's on a time unit (clock!!) that runs when the ignition is on.
To reset it is easy, to find it may not be so as they have put them in all different places over the years. Down by the floor behind the kick panels, under the seat and under the dash, what your looking for is a brown box about 3'' x 4'' x 1'' with a white LR label on top and "Emmision maintenance" on the side.
If you want to reset it find the hole in center of the white LR label (if it's been done before or poke the label until you find it (if it's the first time) drop a small drill bit down in the hole a gently push down, this will reset it until the light comes on after the same interval again.
OR.... just pull it out of it's electrical connector, light will go out, then place the unit in file 13 (the garbage bin) now you will never have to worry about it again!!

C

CAWMDO

Is there anyway to do the same thing on a 2001 Range Rover 4.6?

R

RonLynne

I have the same problem on my 1999 Discovery II don't seem to find the box as described. Anyone know where it is??

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
This fix is for the D1, not sure on the RR or the D2.

Ugly

Reaction score
I have that light on right now. If I disconnect this box, will it still have the same service engine light capabilities? i.e. Emissions codes or whatever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72