Land Rover Sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonnieLR4

Reaction score
I hope everyone thinking of buying a Land Rover does their due diligence in researching the reliability of these pieces of junk. 12,000 miles and back to the dealer 9 times for different electrical problems. Horrible experience. Before buying I read about Land Rover's less-than-stellar track record. Boy am I sorry I didn't take those posts/comments more seriously. Terrible vehicles..............

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am drunk completely now... Sorry everybody, this is the third time I come across that ****.... .... Ok, sorry...... What exactly was it in for all those 9 times?...

Last edited:

jamgolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone thinking of buying a Land Rover does their due diligence in researching the reliability of these pieces of junk. 12,000 miles and back to the dealer 9 times for different electrical problems. Horrible experience. Before buying I read about Land Rover's less-than-stellar track record. Boy am I sorry I didn't take those posts/comments more seriously. Terrible vehicles..............

Hi DonnieLR4

You've posted the same message in multiple threads. It's clear you have had some frustration with your LR4 ownership. I looked at you prior posts but have not really been able to figure out the issues you've had with the vehicle.

Some of your posts were in the voice recognition thread. In the brakes thread, you stated that you did not have any brakes related issues. As a current LR4 owner I want to be sympathetic to your experience, but I would like it if you provided some details:

(a) list all the issues you experienced
(b) were any/some of those issues resolved?
(c) was the dealer or Land Rover NA helpful?

You think Land Rover sucks. That statement on a Land Rover forum will probably not sit well when most owners think otherwise and have most likely had much more pleasant experiences than you've had. Also, every car forum on the internet has posts just like your's Toyota-sucks, Infiniti-sucks, BMW-sucks. So if you want to help prospective buyers be objective and descriptive.

In short, most folks will appreciate some details.

Hope things work out for you.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the owner of two LR's, LR4 and LR2, I also owned a LR3, What are the problems that you are having? I am very curious to know. I may be one of the few that haven't had any major problems but at the same time I don't put many miles on my vehicles, and I get rid of them before the warranty expires.

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny -- I continue to see 10-15 year old Range Rovers and Discoverys all over the place. Pieces of junk...

Most people who drive Land Rovers accept and understand the fact that their vehicles will have some annoying problems during their ownership. Annoying problems are a lot different than reliability issues.

My 2008 LR3 had a sunroof that was a pain in the a$$, but it never left me stranded or died on me.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR is not any better or worse in reliability than BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar or whatever...just average. You want iron-clad reliability? Get a Lexus.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR is not any better or worse in reliability than BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar or whatever...just average. You want iron-clad reliability? Get a Lexus.

You will be surprised - Lexus do break too! :)))

CaptainSpalding

Explorer
Reaction score
In short, most folks will appreciate some details.
And I'm one of them.

@ Donnie: I read your posts about the voice control. What other issues have you had?

I've had issues with my LR4, but I'm not angry enough to turn troll.

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Been there, done that. I owned a GX470 before the LR4, and the reliability was not what I'd describe as "iron-clad."

sapperbreach

Reaction score
Owning a Land Rover is an Affair of the Heart.

Many people don’t understand this notion, an affair of the heart. Find out. Life will be so much more pleasant for you. And, oh what adventures you will have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM