Last Ditch Effort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Ok ..Well The rover is still not starting. I have pulled the carpet up in the back put my ear to the floor and I hear nothing. Could the pump have gone bad already? If I trade the Rover in without it working/running they are only going to give me $$4000.00 for it.. I paid well over 15K for it two and half years ago. @ this point I do not think it is a sensor.. Now it just acts like something has gone out completely. Here is a pic of where I put my head and I hear nothing! Nothing @ all .. Why do I still have fuel coming out of the shrader valve if the pump is toast? TIA.

Attachments

• Cnv0165.jpg
    Cnv0165.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 169

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aha.. so we finally on it then.

1) check fuse under hood
2) check innertia switch. I cant remember but to my recollection it has to be pushed if it did cut out once.
3) unhook electrical connection from pump and stick it into old one . Check if its even trying to go.

There are known rotting electrical issues for those pump connectors.. I seem to remember seeing detailed picture of those somewhere.

Or it can be just loose connection on pump when you changed it, so when its heating - its sliding out..

Dont turn back on henry yet. Now we know where to truck issue to..

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Discovery MFi-V8 Symptom 1
""Engine cranks but does not start, fuel pump MAY not operate. Breakdown services diagnose non start caused by weak or no spark. There can be a history of intermittent non-start. GAS CONVERSION VEHICLES CAN SUFFER OCCASIONAL DAMAGING BLOWBACKS WHEN RUNNING ON GAS.""
Wow that sounds like my problem... I think Peter might have been right?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd first check if there is connection ok to fuel pump. Is there electricity to it or not. If not - then there may be something about alarm shutting things off.

Search on forums for discovery on motorcars-ltd.com
I think i seen some solutions to that alarm thing there...

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Well after sitting for 5 plus hours the damn thing started... Pulled it into the driveway and guess what turned it off and now it will not start again. Its over .. The rover is for sale. I have posted it on dweb, LRX and also the local paper. I will post it here.. Guys I hate to jump ship but I am no longer able to handle this anymore.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Kyle I want a BMW...325 IT WILL HAVE A WARRANTY YIPPEE!!!!

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Melissa, I offer both my condolences and congratulations. It will be sad to see you go, but I do love a good BMW. Also, you should fell proud that you stuck through so much (much more than I ever would have been able to stand).

At least post some pics of your next ride - would love to see them.

p.s. this is my 300th post!!

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
Kyle I want a BMW...325 IT WILL HAVE A WARRANTY YIPPEE!!!!

That's cool, it sucks that you won't be on the trails. I thought you were thinking of getting a tj?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72