Last Ditch Effort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude.. Get Crosslander. At least then we would see what is performs like.. :) Plus you 'd get vechile that at least looks like Defender..

M

montanablur

Im sensing a lot of bitterness towards Rovers... Style aint cheap...

outdoorfever

Reaction score
lol aww beember guy, sounds like you and melissa need hugs. but her truck started again. Good choice with the honda melissa, you'll be happy with the great gas mileage for daily driving, and it will always start, promise. if it doesnt, i'll drive down and you can kick me. you better come up and wheel still!! later punk

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've said it before, and here I go saying it again:

Pinz.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
"if it doesnt, i'll drive down and you can kick me. Kyle careful"...I might hold ya to that ;)..

outdoorfever

Reaction score
lol thats alright, at least we'll get to meet before you take me to the hospital. Hey you dont have a bf! You gotta have somebody to take out your anger on!! haha. :help: :tongue:

Last edited:

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
beemer said:
Rover Chick, a few days ago a J.D. powers report on the net stated BMW, M-Benz and VW were the worst for reliability (yes you read it right), Toyota then Honda had the best. Rover was in the dumper, below standard. I had a 86-735 BMW back then, the ABS went out in two months, brake pads every 13-17,000 miles, 2nd time pads, discs below specs, $843 cash and carry parts. Unless you write this off as a business vehicle your a over rich sucker. Under better judgement i went to a Rover for a challenge (WOW) paid $19,500 62k in 1-2000, new motor (4.6), vacuum adv. (3), starting trans rbld. Total investment $27K, resale $5-7k? AMC Pacer looking better every day. Sorry about going off on this thread, bad day. Carl.................o&o>...........

That is not true. There happens to be a bad apple from time to time, some old bmws were hand built, they were just great, a bmw will run 200,000 miles and keep going strong.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Melissa....I am not happy about your dilemma....I really think this group needs to organize a "rescue party". From all of the interaction you have involved yourself in trying to keep your LR on the road, and your loyalty....you merit a rescue. I live in Crossville Tennessee, and distance is a problem, but the least I can do is offer to help with diagnostic expenses, and/or parts to assist you in realising your landy-dreams. You hang in there Melissa....let's get some response from the "boys"!!....If this idea bothers some-one...please e-mail me privately, Anthony Z.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you gonna sell your disco Melissa? Probably not a bad idea with all the gremlins in Henry. You can always get another, maybe an '04 with all the fixings and a warranty once you finish school. Hope you stick around on here.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may notice some posts are missing. There were some personal-type comments posted, and those posts were deleted.

This board is not about calling people out or questioning motives. It's about offering support and advice to other Rover owners.

Everyone should realize, given the nature of this board, that there are no guarantees that someone knows the solution to a given problem. Advice from people on this board should be taken as just that: Advice. It is not "official" technical support, and should not be offered as that.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72