Last Ditch Effort

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markthecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go. Becareful w/BMW's had one, 325 1995. Tons of electrical probs. Expensive to upkeep. Nightmare car. Traded for Lexus. My Lexus (1996) has never, not one time failed to start.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
markthecat said:
Sorry to see you go. Becareful w/BMW's had one, 325 1995. Tons of electrical probs. Expensive to upkeep. Nightmare car. Traded for Lexus. My Lexus (1996) has never, not one time failed to start.

Comparing a Lexus to a BMW is like comparing a Porsche turbo x50 to a Honda Civic Si.

Lexus is out of this world..but I wonder why ;) I havent heard to many good things about bmw, but i know that lexus has received the highest ratings for the most reliable vehicles, with what, 100 and some problems per 100 cars? or what ever the test they do. Anyways, hopefully, whatever the new car is, you will enjoy it.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course i'd just get used hyundai and keep disco for times when i feel like working on something. But then its just me, and i am cheap.

P

ParrotheadinALB

Melissa...

Make sure that you put FOR SALE signs in every window. I did this when I was having starting problems, and magically the truck ran better then ever, untill I took them down. I now keep a spare set under the rear seats for when it acts up.... They seem to be theraputic for the truck.

Jason

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Mellisa, I hope that all goes well with you BMW purchase. I like the 2001 740iL myself, I keep thinking about getting one.

Anyway as far as the pump goes, when you have your ear down there is someone else turning the key? The reason I ask, is when you turn the key it will only prime the pump for as long as it is needed to get pressure to the rail. After that it shuts down until the engine starts.

a) Have someone else turn the key while you listen and see if the pump is running.

b) When it does start, drive down the BMW dealer and do not turn it off until the deal is done and they have checked it out. If they ask questions, say something about charging your new battery (once they turn it off and paperwork is signed, they own it) I know you can show lots of reciepts :ahhhhh:

c) If Disco is free and clear title, buy new car and then sell Disco when you get the time.

d) Go on next LR off-road event and then wait for it to die and complain about the service deptment until they offer to fix :biggrin:

Okay, maybe d) will not work.

outdoorfever

Reaction score
lol joey thats some funny stuff right there, i dont care who you are, thats funny. :p lol anywhoo, so Melissa, the truck started again? man I would just go in and get a new disco II. maybe a 2000/2001 with good miles. Chawton White, Adriatic Blue, Vienna Green. mmm I love the vienna green! just get one of those, they will have a warranty, and you can still off road! I wanna see you on the trails...oh and btw, there is a jeep rubicon, red, up here in tulsa for sale. interested? its been on the rocks a couple times, has some scrapes and such. just lettin ya know.

Militant-Grunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RoverChic said:
Kyle I want a BMW...325 IT WILL HAVE A WARRANTY YIPPEE!!!!

w000t. What year? ( BMW fanatic over here ) If ur getting a new E46 BMW 325i you might want to consider the xi. I dont know if you experiance heavy winters where you live, but if you do I would reccomend that you get a Xi version of the wagon. Xi is all wheel drive with a 38% torque front, 62% torque rear, its a very nice system. But its all up to you. If you have any questions come to www.bmwboard.com/forum people there are always pleased to help others.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Bought a Honda...still contemplating keeping the Rover. It is sitting in the bay now @ Rover Cannibal. Thank you Ryan R!! His response to me was like "she is a fiery one" .. I just laughed at him.. He was like dude, you are carrying an OBD2 reader on your dashboard...

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad reliability reports

Rover Chick, a few days ago a J.D. powers report on the net stated BMW, M-Benz and VW were the worst for reliability (yes you read it right), Toyota then Honda had the best. Rover was in the dumper, below standard. I had a 86-735 BMW back then, the ABS went out in two months, brake pads every 13-17,000 miles, 2nd time pads, discs below specs, $843 cash and carry parts. Unless you write this off as a business vehicle your a over rich sucker. Under better judgement i went to a Rover for a challenge (WOW) paid $19,500 62k in 1-2000, new motor (4.6), vacuum adv. (3), starting trans rbld. Total investment $27K, resale $5-7k? AMC Pacer looking better every day. Sorry about going off on this thread, bad day. Carl.................o&o>...........

JJMyerz

Adventurer
Reaction score
I found yours and my next ride after we sell out rovers...

P4080487.jpg

You can thank me later :biggrin:

Justin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72