lights on, door open buzzer alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know that annoying buzzer that comes on when you leave your door open or leave you lights on when you open your door..... well mine stopped working and as thrilled as I am about it, my wife would like it back on so she doesn't forget to turn the lights off in the morning.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah... Mac's and PC's are like an old married couple, they get along but don't always get what the other is saying
Anyways... is this likely a fuse... does anyone know a location or am I going to just have to self diagnose?

P

pfb

Does the interior light still come on with the door? The door plunger switch itself failed in my '94 Disco, affecting the interior lights, alarm, headlight warning buzzer.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You may also want to check and see if you headlight switch isn't going bad... wiggle the switch on/off, check dash lights and tail lights.

When the switch starts to go, you get same issue.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior lights still comes on, turn signals, head lights, tail lights...everything I can think of... I guess I will just have to wait until I find something else on that fuse? I removed the lower fog lamps, and the stereo...but not recently..I guess it could be on those fuses? I looked through the manual and I have not found which fuse it is located on...

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured out the cause...I checked the fused first...completely unnecessary, I should have just looked at the door sensor. It was good, but had somehow managed to have the wiring fall off the back of it. For those who have not had this happen, it was a fun experience. It runs between the inner and outer fender and the only hole in, is the pinkey sized hole that is where the sensor goes. There also is really no way to illuminate the inside either to see the loose wire. So, to shorten the story, the wire was above the hole, not fallen down in the middle like I thought it must have been. Luckily I fly fish, because the only tool that could reach the wire was 10" foreceps. All works fine....
The reason I mention this is because I hope if it happens to anyone else that they look up as opposed to down for the loose wire, gravity apparently doesn't work inside rover fenders

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635