Looking for a TSB on fuel injector replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

I was wondering if there is a place that I can search for any TSB info on fuel injector replacement.. Here's the issue:

I have codes that are saying I have fuel injector misfires on both Bank 1 and 2.. There is no way to determine which injectors are misfiring, just that injectors on both banks are misfiring..

My warranty company only wants to replace the misfiring injectors, and the shop wants to replace all of them because they can't tell which ones they are.. We are looking for any LR documentation that would state that you replace all of the injectors in this situation (which I imagine is the case).. It has to be out there, I just don't know where to start..

Thanks in advance,

Mike

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they leaking or misfiring? I had a code that the dealer determined was leaking injectors (leak down test and pulled plugs to determine if wet with fuel) They replaced an entire bank.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are P0171 and P0174, I recall getting those earlier but I didn't ask the dealer which specific codes they were getting.. The wife was driving and said the Check Engine Light went off, and I have been travelling so much lately I just booked an appointment at the shop..

Thanks very much guys, this bill is slated at over $4k and the warranty specifically states injectors.. If I have to pay it, it will put a dent in my "Stash money and buy a Cessna behind the wife's back" fund, which is taking shape nicely..

Mike

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds expensive. My injector codes were P0308 and PO316. Replaced a bank of injectors and monkeyed around with 4 hours labour. $4k sounds pricey. Do you have a competent indy?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing in my "collection" of TSBs addressing that particular DTC - but I haven't looked on TopiX in a while. This is the closest document I could find addressing fuel injectors replacement, which Land Rover asks to replace individually depending on DTC (stored codes should identify the defective injectors), although this does not sound like your issue:

https://app.box.com/s/hyi6xbijpt47u0v1hrx96weouibj53i1

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Umberto, that's better than anything I could find and I scanned a good portion of the FSM last night..! Depending on what codes they pulled, that may be what we are looking for.. I forwarded them the info, and will be keeping my fingers crossed..

Thanks again man, I'll let you know how it comes out..:)

Mike

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

The warranty company conceded- 8 new injectors on the way. I sent the dealer rep a screenshot of the SRO 19.60.12 Umberto found, and he called back this morning with the good news. The dealership was pressing them hard for it, and I have to think this input strengthened the case..

Umberto, when we get to Heaven I am going to build you a beer volcano that erupts at 5pm every day. You have my gratitude.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72