Looking to buy either of these 2. Help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richardhdz

Reaction score
Been lurking around the forum for a few weeks already and in the process of parting ways from our boring but very practical MY12 odyssey, yes I know lol.
Anyway, I'm looking for a lr4 hse, in the 35k range and have narrowed it down to these two options:
http://www.jaguarmissionviejo.com/vehicle/specs/land rover/lr4/2012/vin/SALAG2D45CA613005?state=1
This one certified for at least 2 more years or 45k.

Or

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5530158169.html
Also certified until the end of 2016 or about 15k miles, which seems and feels short.

There's basically about 10k difference between the 2, both are certified and look very clean.

ALSO, Since do not know much about this model, is there anything in particular I should be on the lookout for potential problems??

I can't make up my mind, please help me get rid of my mini van!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richardhdz

Reaction score
wow!! it looks like a very sweet deal, Thank you!
However, having only 6 months or so of warranty left, scares me a bit. If it only was certified...

if you guys had to choose...?

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
richard,

Here is what you do. Offer them three thousand less and use the money left over to buy an extended service plan. This is a good deal and if they are truly sending it off to auction, I bet you can get it cheaper.

richardhdz

Reaction score
richard,

Here is what you do. Offer them three thousand less and use the money left over to buy an extended service plan. This is a good deal and if they are truly sending it off to auction, I bet you can get it cheaper.

Thanks David, I just shoot them an offer! again, great find, super low miles. Also called LandRover Newport beach inquiring about pricing for an exteded plan.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a my12 odyssey and a my14 lr4 - I recommend having both [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim6090

Reaction score
Not Black

I am not a fan of a black interior. It it just stupid hot in the summer and every spec of anything shows up on the dark carpet. I would not consider anything with a black interior. Maybe that is just me. We have owned a Discovery II, LR3 and now an LR4 and 34 other cars. I wish I got a LUX. Be really nice to have the memory seats.

Last edited:

richardhdz

Reaction score
good luck, it's a really nice looking rig.

Not one cent discount for the lux one! :mad:

back to my original question, 28k for the 85k miles w warranty till end of year or
37k for the 51k miles with about 2 more years certified?? 9 thous is a lot of green.

thanks!

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richard,

Tell them you are a buyer at X dollars (whatever you think it fair) and wait. If you offer them a fair price, they will call you back before they send it to auction.

Also, if you are at the store in person negotiating, that is better too because they will know you are not comparison shopping and are there to buy.

Do you mind me asking what you offered them?

There is no way they are sending this to auction and risking losing a few grand if they can make money on the finance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM