LR Discovery Regular Maintenance Tips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V

vray

Viper said:
Thanks for the Info,
Could you please tell me what ATF is please and what it dose if you don’t mined.
I red in the manual that at 60,000 miles you should do a full service I guess this would include all the stuff you mentioned.

I live in Orange California can someone recommend me a place to service a Land Rove.

Thanks guys.....:)
Automatic Transmission Fluid, standard stuff, you can buy it anywhere.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Service Engine Soon light how does this function?
Does it go away after the problem is fixed or does it need to be reset?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the SES light (red), the light comes on every 54,000 miles or so -- it's a reminder to get the emissions checked at the dealer (whether or not there is an emissions problem). There is a procedure outlined here and elsewhere to reset it.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to AutoZone to get my LR Diagnostic check and they found 4 codes.

P1175 = Lambda control adoption fault bank 2.Last occurrence - minimum signal
P0734 = Gear 4 Incorrect Ratio ?????????
P0171 = System Too Lean (Bank 1)
P0174 = System Too Lean (Bank 2)

Should I be worried she only has 53,000 m?

B

bombardier

discoinjapan said:
. and probobly a tune up (plugs, wires, cap, &rotor). If you do it all yourself it shouldnt cost too much.

How in God's name do you get to the cap/rotor? Thanks

D

discoinjapan

Not sure about the D2 but its probobly the same(or close to) the D1. The component that all your plug wires are connected to is your Distributor cap and inside that there is a rotor. On a D1 there are some clips on the side that you need to lift up so that you can take off the cap. First youll want to take a marker or something to number all the wires and there position to the cap. Then remove the wires. Release the clips on the side. Pull off the rotor carefully Straight up from the distributor and same with the rotor. If you have very little build up on the points I just use very fine crocus cloth to remove it, same with the rotor(dont use any force on it, just very lightly)

S

scrboy

Don't believe D2's have a cap and rotor, just a coil pack that the plugs go into between the engine and firewall. A pain to change wires from what I hear, haven't done it myself yet. So no cap or rotor.
As far as those codes um viper I think, think it's the MAF sensor, if I recall correctly, should be what came up on one of mine a while back, but you can search for the numbers and I believe that's the problem. Those last 3 codes anyway, don't know about that first one.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

discoinjapan

SCRBOY,
Thanks for the correction. I have a 1993 D1. It is basically the same as the D1 back home in the states but I dont have the OBD electrical crap or AB to deal with(Thank God). Sorry for the wrong info.

Viper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys … I managed to fix the OBDII codes P1175 / P0734 / P0171 / P0174 , I replaced a new air filter and reset the OBD system and now I have done 150 miles and it looks like it’s fixed.
Thanks guys,

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink