LR Tow Hitch for LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

AussieLR3

racingdc9 said:
Did your's have the strap already? I don't see a strap in my compartment.

Mines like Tim's (left compartment that is). This strap is attached to a foam block which the hitch sits it. Maybe yours doesnt come with the foam block hence no strap.

Unless you need hitch up a trailer regularly why would you carry the hitch around all the time. It's very heavy and would be better in the garage at home.

Chris

racingdc9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AussieLR3 said:
Mines like Tim's (left compartment that is). This strap is attached to a foam block which the hitch sits it. Maybe yours doesnt come with the foam block hence no strap.

Unless you need hitch up a trailer regularly why would you carry the hitch around all the time. It's very heavy and would be better in the garage at home.

Chris

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, who knows when i'll you use it, hehe

F

fbaer

I put my hitch on for the first time, and I can't get the dang thing off! HELP! anyone have any suggestions, tips, ideas?

I followed the manual, key clockwise, pull the big green knob out and turned it 'anti' clockwise, and no click. I can't get it to disengage.

T

timbo

fbaer - you will know that you have the key in the unlocked position because you can't remove it from the hitch. With the key in make sure that you firmly pull out knob so that the red ring is visible and pull down. Good luck! When I first got the hitch someone had popped it in the lock position out of the truck so that I couldn't fully retract the lock. Took me 20 minutes of playing with it to figure it out. And I like to think I am mechanically inclined...

A

Amir

got my tow hitch receiver yesterday and snapped it into its place. very sturdy and properly snapped. then i put the LR bike rack and just try to gently shake the rack with very little force to check if everything is fit properly with no loose parts. to my surprise, i noticed a little play in the hitch receiver. the bike rack was properly attached to receiver with no play at all but the hitch receiver clearly had a very little play. without the bike rack it doesn't have play when i try to move it. but with the bike rack i can feel the play, i guess because of the leverage and stuff. shouldn't the hitch receive be without any play?

S

schafari

Once you get so much unsprund weight on the hitch reciever it does not surprise me that with the weight and the leverage of pulling on a loaded bike rack, you can torque the reciever enough to feel play. I think the main weight carrier in the hitch reciever is that steel pawl that locks into place. It would not concern me if it correclty installed, and you can feel some play by torque the load.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9